Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Order

Options
KG5PTE
KG5PTE Member ✭✭

Hello I wanted to follow up on my order for my Maestro (Order number 32958) The last email I got from Flex about it was Friday , January 12, 2024. And have not heard anything more. I left a voice mail the other day but never heard anything. So any update would be appreciated.

Thank you.

James (KG5PTE)

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 19
    Options

James

You can email us (as many are doing and overwhelming us), but your answer may be delayed. We are asking to be patient and wait for us to contact you first.

BTW, if you have not had a chance to look at the FAQ, here it is: https://bit.ly/maestrocfaq

Right now, we are filling orders that were ordered about march 2021. It is really hard to predict and changes on a daily/weekly basis. 

The process from manufacturing to shipping can be influenced by various unpredictable factors, which sometimes makes it challenging to provide a precise shipping date. These factors include:

• Changes in Manufacturing Schedules: Our manufacturing process is dynamic, adapting to ensure the highest quality. Adjustments may occur due to the integration of new technology or enhancements to the product you've ordered.

• Parts Delivery Variability: Our products rely on components sourced from specialized suppliers. Occasionally, fluctuations in the availability of these parts can affect our production timelines.

• Manpower Considerations: Our team is our greatest asset, but like any family, we occasionally face challenges such as vacations, illnesses, or other personal matters. These human factors can temporarily impact our capacity to maintain our usual pace.

We understand that waiting can be frustrating, and we genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding. Our team is working diligently to minimize these delays and to keep you informed. We believe in transparency and will continue to provide updates regarding your order's status as they become available.

Thank you once again for your support and understanding. We're excited to deliver your order and are confident it will be worth the wait.

• Joe Uhrich
    Joe Uhrich Member
    Options
    Is Flex really "filling orders that were ordered about the beginning of 2023?" I've received no word about my order, #23058 dated October 25, 2020.
  • AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    Options

I got my invoice on Friday . . . Order #23266

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Understood. But sending out an email about once or twice a month to customers might not be a bad idea.

Thanks

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike -

"Right now, we are filling orders that were ordered about the beginning of 2023."

There has been no word on my order of August 30, 2022. I also ordered a cable on February 20, 2024, to be added to my Maestro C order. Now my order is marked February 20, 2024.

By buying an additional cable did I mess up my order and am now at the end of the line after waiting a year and a half?

John K1ESE

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi John

I checked and that is 100% my fault.

What happened is a read a very very large spreadsheet very very wrong.

We are about March of 2021 and my sincere apologies for the confusion. I have updated my original post to reflect the correct date.

Again, my apologies.

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Options

No problem, Thanks, Mike.

John K1ESE

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi John, I did the exact same thing and on my PayPal invoice it said it was canceled which got me worried about it, I called FLEX and they said that is normal for PayPal to do this and to be sure my order for the 1st of June was still in the que, so hopefully your OKAY if you didn't cancel your order directly with Flex.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

This is a PayPal feature :( that is driving us a bit batty.

If your order gets canceled and you didn't cancel it, let us know by emailing sales@flexradio.com or orders@flexradio.com. Don't email both as it will cause a duplication of effort.

We are working with PayPal and our online Store vendor to get this resolved.

thanks for your patience.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello I got mine in on Tuesday April 23, 2024. How do I go about connecting my Flex 6400 hand mic to the Maestro C ? As the Maestro uses all 1/8 audio jacks. The Flex mic uses a Male RCA jack for PTT and the mic is a Tip Ring Sleeve (TRS) So is there a RCA to 1/8 audio jack adapter you sell and a does the mic input need to be TRS or TRRS ? And which 1/8 jack port does the hand mic plug into ? Or does FLEX sell a whole new Mic for the Maestro ? I see that you sell the Radio Sport PTT foot pedal but it has a RCA jack the maestro uses 1/8 audio TS input. I do see that a headset requires a TRRS Jack

Thank you

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Hi James

Have a look at this document. It is all explained there.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

OK I got the FAQ thank you. But I might be missing something here. I want to use my FHM-3 Mic with my Maestro C It uses a Tip Ring Sleeve (TRS) for the mic and a male RCA jack for PTT. So I need a female RCA to 1/8 TS adapter for the PTT and the mic jack plugs into the HDST jack on the Maestro correct ? Do I need the Maestro Y Cable kit ? https://www.flexradio.com/products/maestro-c-y-cable-kit/

Thank you.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Second question. On the Flex FHM-3 Mic will the 1/8 mic jack that is TRS Plug into the HDST Jack on the Maestro C ? Or does it need to be TRRS ?

Thank you.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26
    Options

NO that will not work and the TRRS jack needs to be wired for CTIA

Tip= Audio Left

Ring1= Audio Right

Ring2= GROUND

Sleeve= MICROPHONE

notice the GROUND and MIC connections

It needs to have the Y adapter cable sold by Flex or Amazon but you have to research and make sure it is a CTIA and NOT a OMTP Y cable.

Here is the MAESTRO C FAQ

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQlD2sCgv1NEoTLtxzcPDoqlwcv8ojsiDyBQetEnFCBcEqx94De0B5wKaP-YemzJq8gU84OxtOSh2KE/pub

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok well I ordered the Maestro C Y cable kit.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    edited April 26
    Options

Ok well I ordered the Maestro C Y cable kit. I hope this works.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.