Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink and Spectrum

Options

I am trying to help a fellow ham get his smartlink working. He was able to get the Smartlink account setup and get the radio registered. However, when you click on the Test button, it turns red. We can see his radio show up on iOS over the internet/cell network, but it won't connect. I am assuming that we need to manually setup the port forward on his Spectrum router. The problem is, we can't seem to figure out how to log into the router. There is no sticker or anything on the router that gives the login information. Only for the WiFi login. I forgot the model of Spectrum router he has but it was installed around 2021. I just need to know the login info. Does anyone have Spectrum and know what the default credentials are? I have tried all the obvious stuff (admin, admin....admin, password...admin and then no password) and can't get logged in.

There is an app you can download on your iPhone or Android but it just has basic settings and nothing advanced link port forwarding.

Burch

K4QXX

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You need to key the transmitter from the remote shack... Get somebody to do that.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited March 18
    Options

Burch

The next steps are. They look a bit confusing, but it really isn't.

You can always open a support ticket. It is free.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the replies. I guess I didn't explain my issue well. The transmitter has been keyed and the radio/smartlink has been registered. I can see the radio through the internet. I just can't connect to it.

Mike, I can't connect to the router as I don't know the login and password. That is really my issue. I have instructions from Ken on how to manually setup the port forward but until I can get into the router, I can't do that.

I do not think the ISP does CGNAT but I will check the IP address with the link you sent and will also check on the uPNP. Thank you for those suggestions. I will report back when I can remote back into his computer.

Burch

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, I was able to verify that the ISP is not using CGNAT and I ran that software to check on UPnP and got an error message. "An error occurred while discovering the UPnP device. Please verify that UPnP has been enabled on your router and select the correct Binding IP associated with your router". So, I am assuming this is why the port forward didn't get added to his Spectrum router automatically. And since I don't know the login info for the router, that is a problem.......

Burch

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

Apparently, Spectrum won't let you log into their "rented" cable modem/router. My friend called their tech support and they put in the port forwards. Unfortunately, we gave them the incorrect TCP port and had to call back and got a different tech who didn't know what they were doing. He is going to call them back again today so hopefully we can manually get the ports configured.

Burch

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

What did the uPNP wizard show?

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    edited March 19
    Options

I can log into my Spectrum router using the spectrum mobile app and do port forwarding etc.

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭
    Options

He got it working. Called Spectrum again and they redid the port forwards and I was able to log in to his radio from my iPhone. Glad I don't have Spectrum!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.