Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Will Heil Pro 7 Headset work with Maestro C

Options
Curt_AC9HO
Curt_AC9HO Member ✭✭

I have been using a Heil Pro 7 headset with my Maestro B and now that I have received my Maestro C I cannot get it to work. Will this headset work and if so what do I need to make it work?

Best Answer

Answers

• Curt_AC9HO
    Curt_AC9HO Member ✭✭
    edited March 4
    Options

I have tried the Heil HMM hand mic with a 2to1 adapter for mic and speaker, the Heil BM-17 headset with a 2to1 adapter for mic and speaker, and Apple headphones with what I assume is the TRRS CTIA end on the headphones. What am I missing and why is this more difficult than it needs to be?? The only thing I can figure is the adapter I am using is not a TRRS CTIA adapter, and the Apple headphones are to old to be TRRS CTIA since the Maestro manual says that Apple headphones would work.

I did order the Y adapter and the FHM-3 hand mic today, but I have had my Maestro C for 3 days now and have yet to make a contact with it. Slightly frustrating, but everything else seems to work as expected.

• Curt_AC9HO
    Curt_AC9HO Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike for the reply. I am just waiting for the Y cable adapter to come in the mail.

• Curt_AC9HO
    Curt_AC9HO Member ✭✭
    Options

Well I have received my Y-cable adapter from Flex and the FHM-3 microphone. I plugged it all in and viola I made contacts. I then decided to try the Heil BM-17 headset and the Heil Pro 7 headset and unfortunately they do not work. I noticed that the plug for the mic on the FHM-3 has two black rings and all my Heil mics and headsets only have one for the mic cable. Is there some sort of adapter that I can get to make my Heil mics work??

• WB2RRF
    WB2RRF Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue, with the y adapter my FHM-3 works fine. I am also using old beats ear bud headphone/mic with a TRRS plugs, works great with good audio quality. If I try and use my Heil HHM or Pro Set elite (iC element) with the Y cable the mics dont work. Both Heil mics use a TS plug and the FHM is TRS, so assume a TS to TRS adapter must be needed. For the iC element looks like you have to turn on Bias in the mic setting. Does anyone know if the Maestro delivers enough voltage for the element or have a recommendation for the TS to TRS adapter, assuming thats what the issue is.
  • Villi
    Villi Member, Unconfirmed
    Options
    What about the Heil Media Pro, ment for sound cards. Will that work on the Maestro C or does one have to use sets designed for traditional radios, like the Pro 7?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.