Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR version 3.7.4 update on Radio Tab in SmartSDR isn't showing up as an option

Options
I am running a Flex 6400 using SmartSDR for macOS and a Maestro C. When I click on the update tab in the radio window on SmartSDR there is no version 3.7.4 showing as available. On the Maestro C when it turns on I have a choice to upgrade to 3.7.4. Is the upgrade done using the Maestro? If so do I follow all the usual upgrade steps of rebooting -"power cycle" the 6400 prior to selecting 3.7.4 on the Maestro C. Thanks for any help.
Tagged:

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

SmartSDR for Mac is not a Flex product. Its version numbering system does not match that of Flex products.

• WB2RRF
    WB2RRF Member ✭✭
    Options

Correct the SmartSDR macOS is version 2.9.12 and is not related to the firmware question. When I enter the Flex setting menu radio tab I am currently running vs 3.7.3. I select check for upgrade and the most recent upgrade available is 3.7.3. It does not show 3.7.4 available as an option. The Maestro C is showing that 3.7.4 is an update option. So question is does the radio upgrade if you select the new version on the Maestro or is that to select which version to run the maestro under. Or perhaps while Flex just announced the release of 3.7.4 did it not roll out as an upgrade option on the radio yet?

• WB2RRF
    WB2RRF Member ✭✭
    Options

Ended up being an easy upgrade. Just selected the update on the Maestro C and it upgraded both the Maestro and the radios firmware to 3.7.4.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.