Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX and using Romac CW IDer remote

Options

I am using my 6600M remote in another room in the house and use Romac CW IDer. In order to use it, the DAX needs to be turned on, and if I do such, I am not able to send audio out through the PC it is hooked up to.

The input is through the USB on the PC, any ideas on how to get these to work together?

73 Jeff WB4TT

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Can your CW IDer send a command via CAT to turn DAX on and off?

I think the command is DX0 and DX1. This is how it is handled in N1MM.

• Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, If I turn DAX on in the back room on that computer it kills my transmit audio. I am going in through the computer with a USB Pod Mic, and apparently it is using the sound device in the computer. I can get it to turn on through the speaker, but it will not key the radio, and if I turn DAX on, and tell it to use that, it will key up, but no audio. Not a big deal, I will just watch the time for ID.

My biggest complaint is still the popping noise on my transmit audio on my main machine, where I am going into the radio 1/4" with it going to XLR, and I keep having people telling me that it has the breaking up, or pop noise, and can't tie it down to any one thing. I put the computer into an Ethernet switch all by itself, and that still didn't help it. I am a Loyal Flex owner, but know a lot that have sold theirs because of this. If I didn't have the Amp, Tuner, antenna genius, and BCD box that runs my Kenwood 890 I probably would also, but I do like the 3 Flex radios I have owned, and wish they wouldn't have messed it up with that one software release, or would figure what they did.

I have read all I can on it, and still no fix, or know what it is going to happen, so you can't replicate it.

73 Jeff WB4TT

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

The first part needs to be automated such that DAX goes on and off.

The 2nd part sounds like something you need to follow up with a support ticket as a hardware issue.

• Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    Options

The question is, how do you automate DAX so it will go on and off automatically, I don't know if that is possible.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

You need to get the author of the software to add that CAT code. N1MM does it already as example.

• Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't think that will ever happen, I can't even get him to make it so you can have 2 profiles for 2 different radios.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.