Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I configure SmartLINK so that I can chose between two remote F6400's?

Options
W4AFK Bruno
W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
edited March 4 in SmartSDR for Windows

Still learning -

How can I add a second radio to my SmartSDR / SmartLINK so that I can select the radio I want to use? In other words, one app that I connect to one of two remote radios.

• Two F6400's w/3.7.3 firmware/software
  • Both F6400's are remote
  • Both are accessed via SmartLINK

I could swear that I saw this but I don't know if it was two "local LAN-based" radios and SmartSDR, or remote radios using SmartLINK.

How do I set this up?

If not possible, how to setup two instances so that I can connect to the remote I select?

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, you can have multiple radios.

First, register both radios to your Flex SmartLink account. Now both radios will show up, and you select the desired radio to connect to via SmartLink.

If the radios are on separate public IPs (different locations), configure port forwarding in the router for each as using the default port numbers, 4993, and 4994, each forwarded to the IP of the Flex Radio

If the radios are on the same public IP (same location), each radio's port assignments in SmartLink, must have unique port numbers. For example, for my second radio I use:

• TCP Port 14994
    • UDP Port 14993

Then, in your router,

set up to forward TCP Port 14994 to port 4994, Flex Radio IP address

set up to forward UDP Port 14993 to port 4993, Flex Radio IP address

Alan. WA9WUD

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Alan is correct.

If you have it set to AutoMatic and uPNP turned on on your router (most do), the setup works automatically and very well. The uPNP services makes sure there are no conflicts.

Mike

• W4AFK Bruno
    W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

Thanks guys ... I am pretty sure that I found my problem: Both F6400's are on different accounts as the one I am managing for our club is registered under a different UID and PWD.

So, it seems like I will need to log out, then re-login with the proper credentials for SmartSDR, DAX and CAT if I am to use my same computers to play with my remote F6400 in Florida and manage the one over here on Palomar Mountain using SmartLINK.

Note that this is not an issue if I tunnel-in via the VPNs as in that case, SmartSDR is running on the co-located NUC and on the same LAN.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

On the radio side, you associate both radios with 2 different SmartLink accounts, which you have done. Make sure you do the PTT step to finish the process.

Yes, you will need to log in and out as required to change radios.

If you use a VPN, such as SoftEther, then you can immediately see both radios. It will use more bandwidth as the UDP streams are not compressed for non-SmartLink connections.

It sounds like you are on the correct path.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.