Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Windows Error - An unhandled error has occurred: Access is denied

Options

Windows Error - An unhandled error has occurred: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

This occurred after I enabled multiFLEX and DAX to record off of channel 1. It was working fine for a while now it errors out giving this error and then lost connection to radio error. I disabled using DAX, I tried using just SmartSDR but now I get the error no matter how I configure things.

I have removed SmartSDR and clean installed but no joy, still gives the same error.

It's working fantastic off of my main system and a spare laptop but of course it's on my main laptop things went south. I'm continuing the search for how to fix it, if you guys have an idea great, worst case scenario I format and start fresh on this laptop and see how it goes.

73's

Erik - KC9NRN

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What version of Windows are you using? Also, has the laptop taken an update recently?

Windows 11 has some heavy duty protection built-in now that can be disabled. But, a major update can possibly reset something and block network access for some applications including DAX. Check your Windows Firewall to see if that is the problem. One good test,is to temporarily disable the Firewall and see if everything works like it should. If it does, then you will need to dig into the permissions settings in the Firewall to fix the problem.

James

WD5GWY

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Erik, if you haven't already, export your profiles and do a factory reset.

If that doesn't fix it, I would submit a help desk ticket.

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member ✭✭
    Options

James,

Windows 11 Pro, no updates were performed or needed, I was listening through DAX ch1 on the laptop and also running SmartSDR on another laptop enjoying multiFLEX for the first time and after about 20 minutes the error was thrown and it hasn't worked right since. Now it just gives the error no matter what I do.

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member ✭✭
    Options

It's working fine on 2 other computers, I have exported the the profile but I don't think the radio needs to be reset, this is a Windows issue I believe. I'm going to open a ticket if I don't get it figured out but they are closed for the weekend and I can rebuild the laptop pretty fast if needed.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried turning off the Windows Firewall? It will block applications when least expected. That would help trace the problem by eliminating the Firewall being the problem.

James

WD5GWY

Sometimes Windows will take an update even if you aren't notified by Windows Update. I have set Windows Update to not take updates for several days. And then forget that had done that. Only to find out the delay time had passed and Windows Update ran when I didn't expect it to.

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member ✭✭
    edited March 3
    Options

I tried that however the error wasn't really pointing to a firewall issue, it occurred after SmartSDR DAX crashed and then I could no longer use the software.

I resolved the issue by rebuilding Windows on the laptop and that worked, I know this is like smashing a problem with a hammer but the Helpdesk isn't open again until Monday so I figured what the heck, it's been 2 years so why not start fresh.

So far SmartSDR and DAX is working perfectly, thanks for the help guys!

73's

KC9NRN

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Glad you got it working. Sometimes, getting the hammer out is the only solution.

James

WD5GWY

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member ✭✭
    Options

I found the problem, windows sound recorder became corrupted, the version used in Windows 11 is "new"... 🤔🤣

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.