Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost 24 and 32db Preamp after TGXL tune

Options

I opened ticket today, but wonder if someone else observed it as well.

I usually run 2 slices (for the last few years). Slice 1 - Steppir, Slice 2- Inverted V for 80/160m and sometimes on upper bands with TGXL. No recent changes on my setup.

Usually I have 24db preamp on higher bands. Today I hit Tune on TGXL on 12m Slice 2 and SWR was around 1.2 and right away I lost receive on that band. Further testing shows that my receive is all good up to +16db, and 24 and 32db receive is gone.

Here is a video to demonstrate:

Setup here : 6600-PGXL-TGXL-AG2x8

Any idea what happened? it sounds like something went wrong with Tune process.

Sergey, KN7K

Comments

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, my radio is shipped to Flex for repair.

Based on Tim input, 2nd slice is always ON, just audio is silenced when FDX is OFF. There is a possibility that 2nd slice overloaded by 1st one.

I live on the small city lot and have 2el Steppir and 80/160 Inverted L that sometimes I use on upper band on the 2nd slice and have 2 instances of JTDX opened. Basically I have 2 slices open: 1st on Steppir, 2nd on Inverted L that I can use on the all bands.

If above model is correct, I need to find a way to disconnect 2nd slice when TX on the 1st and vice versa.

I do not know if adding whole set of Band pass filters will help or just go completely with one antenna connected only and never use a 2nd slice.

My setup 6600-->PGXL-->TGXL-->AG2x8.

I would appreciate some ideas.

Thanks,

Sergey, KN7K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.