Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Assigning bands to port A or port B

Options

I am running a Flex 6600, TGXL, and PGXL. If I connect a hexbeam (6-20) to Port A and a fan dipole (40-160) to Port B, can SmartSDR be configured to select the correct antenna when I choose a certain band? Sort of like the AG does, except with only two antennas and no AG?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can do this with profiles but I find it easier just using a third party tool called Flex Buttons. It's free and works great for sending commands to the flex for changing settings etc.

With this you can create a button which sets the band, frequency, tx antenna, rx antenna etc.

So you could set up a button per hand which has all the info stored for your set-up/

Smart SDR will always remember the antenna port last used for a band, regardless of what slice you are on. Using the buttons forces the right settings every time.

Rich

Answers

• KI5RLR
    KI5RLR Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks! That is just what I was looking for.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.