Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Upgrade from 2.10.1 to 2.12.0?

Options

I just tried to update from 2.10.1 to 2.12.0 and the update fails.

Anyone with a similar problem?

I have opened a ticket

Answers

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Geoff: I typically wait a week or so before installing a new version. Please post back here with an update once your install has been successful and let us know how it was resolved.

Tim K9WX

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Geoff AB6BT

Can you elaborate on 'fail'. What worked? What didn't?

What error message did you receive?

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike,

I cannot update to 2.12.0. I have never had a problem updating previously.

I downloaded and installed 2.12.0 to my PC, power cycled the 6400, started the update. Now more than an hour later I have not been able to update.

The update started as expected but I got "SSDR File Transfer Errors. Please try again" about once a minute. Initially I got 23 errors. The title on the dialog box is "Update Failed" or something similar.

Even when the progress bar reaches 100% (I think...) I get repeated SSDR File Transfer Errors.

I tried a factory reset and attempted again with similar results.

Tim thinks it is an SD card failure but the radio was serviced last month, in January, and the SD card was replaced.

• Greg SP7QJF
    Greg SP7QJF Member ✭✭
    Options

Witajcie

Mam 6700 i używam wersji 2.9.2. Po aktualizacji do 2.10.1 dax odbierał bardzo mało stacji. Po aktualizacji do 2.12.0 dax nie odbierał już nic. Wróciłem do 2.9.2

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Translation of Greg's comment:

Hello

I have a 6700 and I'm using version 2.9.2. After upgrading to 2.10.1, dax received very few stations. After upgrading to 2.12.0, dax was no longer receiving anything. I'm back to 2.9.2

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Can I make a suggestion?

If you have an upgrade issue, please open a support ticket immediately so we can help you with it.

What we find also can be used to help the next person.

What I can say is that this problem is not affecting all radios.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike,

As I mentioned in my original post, I have opened a ticket.

Tim is sending me a replacement SD card as a first step.

I'll know more after I install it this coming weekend.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

That would be my first guess. We are now to the point when we get some strange things related to just 1 or 2 radios, we take a wild shot an an SD card.

The good news is that the SD problem is solved and if we see a failure, it is due to a media failure.

• Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭
    Options

Tonight I had the exact same problem. I was attempting to update from 2.10.1 to 2.12.1 on my 6400. I kept getting the File Transfer Error about every minute.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Roger...I sent mine back to Austin a couple weeks ago. All I've heard is that they received the radio and there is a scheduled bench date of April 1st.

This radio was in for an unrelated (?) repair two months ago.

Tim told me that this repair would be expedited as it is within the warranty period due to the recent repair.

Still waiting for a fix.

• Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I don’t think anyone should have to pay for this fix. I’m sure you did as I did, followed the upgrade as per the instructions.

Maybe they will determine a fix for all that have the issue after working on yours, hope so anyway.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Roger...I agree.

I have done several upgrades in the past and all went very smoothly.

Not so much this time...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.