Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink 2 radios same ports

Options

A friend of mine has given me his SmartLink credentials so that I can use his two 6400 radios. Both radios have SmartLink enabled as well as multiflex. SmartSDR version is 3.6.8. However, I can connect to one radio no problem, but cannot connect to the other. Both radios show up in SL's startup screen. When I hover over one, the radio details show ports 21000/22000. Hovering over the other shows the same two ports, but different radio ID. I asked him to run UPnP wizard to see what is going on. Result is below:

First conundrum: There seem to be 4 FlexRadio SmartLink TCP/UDP port pairs, which I have highlighted in 4 different colors. However there are only 2 radios. There is only one 21000/22000 external port pair (orange), linking to the .150 LAN IP address.

Second conundrum: My guess is that the second radio should have external port pairs 21015/22015 (green; .122 LAN IP address), but this does not show up in SmartLink.

Third conundrum: Not sure where the blue and yellow external port pairs come from. Interesting thing about these is that the external ports do not have identical last 2 digits as you would expect. Also, although the 2 external TCP/UDP pairs are different, they connect to the same LAN IP address.

So I have the following questions:

• Why are there 4 external port pairs, when there are only 2 radios?
  • How to go about cleaning this all up so that only 2 external port pairs exist, one for each radio?

Any help is appreciated.

73 de Joe, AB1DO

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If you have uPNP turned on on your router, reboot it. Make sure that the router has no setting that has it not delete ports on a reboot.

Next, reboot both radios and it will build 2 pairs of ports. 1 pair for each radio.

How it happened? Not sure as there isn't enough information.

• ab1do
    ab1do Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike. Rebooting the router got rid of the 4 external ports to the flex on IP port .123 (was left over from a once connected 3rd flex). Final issue was that one of the 2 flexes was was set to manual port forwarding and the ports had not been changed from the default 21000/22000. All is now working just fine. And redundant external ports cleaned up to boot.

Joe

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.