Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dit / Dah ratio

Options

My 6600 was just returned from factory where it passed all bench tests (See my other post on 6600 boot failure). Since its return I have had two on-the-air reports. One person said that when I'm sending at 25wpm it sounds like my dah's are 20wpm and the dits are 50wpm. Tried without the PGXL - same thing - just the 6600 through the TGXL. Had not had these reports prior to sending the 6600 into Flex. Sidetone sounds fine. RBN is able to copy my CQs. The second report said that my dah/dit ratio was off (same complaint really) and that I should adjust it.

Is the dit/dah ratio adjustable on the 6600? I strive to send as perfect code as I can and this is an embarrassment, like I am using a very poorly adjusted bug rather than a Begali paddle.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I would recommend exporting your profiles, then do a factory reset. If possible, try low power and listen in on another radio (or use FDX and another panadapter on your 6600) to verify the issue.

What version of SmartSDR are you running?

How are you keying the rig? Directly plugged in to the radio, using a Maestro, N1MM or other logging program, etc?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I created a support ticket

• WC6Y
    WC6Y Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem solved by Ken Wells at Flex. I had not set up appropriate delays for the PGXL & TGXL which is why the CW sounded fine before these shack additions.

I was guilty of "Hot Switching" the units which apparently manifested in not just the dit/dah ratio problem, but I would guess a poorly formed CW waveform as well. The PGXL needs a Transmit delay of at least 20ms. The TGXL needs a delay of 40ms. With SmartSDR for Mac, this is set under Radio / Flex-6600 Settings menu. In addition, the CW delay, which is set in the CW control panel, must be at least as long as the Transmit Delay setting. I set my Transmit delay to 59ms and CW delay to 73ms and stored in my default Transmit Profile so it would show up in all of my Global profiles.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.