Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

production of Flex 6400M

Options
Thought I would ask the community if they are making the 6400M models at this time and maybe what would be the expected time element. I placed an order in January and am anxious to get it. Sorry if this has been asked before and I do understand about supply issues. Thank you

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Flex site says they do not have an expected date of delivery. Did you expect more than that?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

From the Flex website (6400M):

M model transceivers are currently out of stock due to industry part shortages. If you place an order for a FLEX-6400M, it will be on backorder until it is available for shipment. Your credit card will be authorized but NOT charged until your order is ready to ship.

If you placed an order for a FLEX-6400M on or before August 15, 2022, your order will be processed. You will be contacted when it is ready to ship.

At this time we do not have an estimated date for delivery. Credit Card payment(s) will not be processed until an order has been shipped.

The base model 6400 (non-M) radios are available, so the holdup is the front panel. It is the same issue as the Maestro is experiencing right now.

• ab7i
    ab7i Member
    Options
    Thank you....73
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

What we are looking at now is the M models should be available near the end of 2023 and hopefully sooner.

• mark2jag
    mark2jag Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options
    Well, from my perspective, Flex are missing a trick here.. I'm after a Flex 6400M (with ATU) here in the UK.... I would even be prepared to get one from the U.S. but seems like you cant get new OR used, or I'm just unlucky and cant find someone willing to ship to the UK. I did go on the flex Used radio program whereby they let you know when any become available, but nothing so far. I think it might be a good idea to update people as to what's going on.... The other option is to ignore this and I will take my money elsewhere, which I'd rather not do, but hey ho.. NO information and NO updates is a bit out of order.

AS an aside I KNOW where there is a perfectly good 6400M sat right now, It's in ML and S showroom in the UK, but apparently they are not allowed to sell it because Flex have told them not to... Over to you Flex, RSVP.....?????

Oh and by the way I write this in Mid February 2024, which is not really end of 2023 any more.....Sort it out Flex.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

These two Posts were put on the Flex Community and the radio goup.io a few days ago and should answer your question for a New M radio.

You may want to Pre-order now if you haven't already so you don't have a further Delay when they start shipping.

The NEW M versions will have the New Maestro front screen and will have greater resolution and a external Video port so you may want to wait for the new model anyway.

Here is some updated info from a recent Hamfest.

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/comment/20609193#Comment_20609193

Stephen Hicks steve@flex.radio via groups.io

Wed, Feb 14, 10:36 AM (2 days ago)

to FlexRadioSmartSDR

Maestros current begin ship date is 2/19. There is a significant backlog that will take a couple of months to get through at a minimum.

M-Models will ship this summer.

Non-M’s are currently shipping.

Steve

Stephen Hicks, N5AC

CTO

FlexRadio, Inc.

4616 W Howard LN STE 8-860

Austin, TX 78728

Phone: 325-732-3130

Email: steve@flex.radio

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Having a (new to me) 6400M, what I've decided would be ideal would be a 6400 + a Maestro. It'd get the radio box off my desk (there just never seems to be enough desk space, you know?) but give me all the other advantages of having knobs and buttons.

So, maybe instead of waiting for a 6400M to become available, perhaps you might consider a 6400 + Maestro?

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a MaestroB and a 6400. Best way to go IMHO 😀.

John N1JM

Phoenix AZ (formerly Dover NH)

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah. Can’t get a large-screen view of the panadapters, as with the M models or the Maestro C.

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    Options

I get my large screen from my PC or Mac with SmartControl.

John N1JM

• mark2jag
    mark2jag Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies, however I too dont have much room on my desk, so a 6400M seems like an ideal compromise, but I wonder if a 6400 plus a maestro screen would be prohibitively more expensive than a bog standard 6400M, with an ATU of course..... R.S.V.P.?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

The thing with the FLEX radio's you can put them about anywhere so you could put the 6400 under the desk or in a closet with just the Maestro on the desk which to me is by far the best way to go. The Antenna tuner is a internal add on for the 6400 that can be added anytime. The best way to check the Price is to go to your local dealer for your country and place your order with the installed Auto Tuner and the Maestro to see your best Price and compare Prices.

With the separate Maestro you can go anywhere you have WIFI and even when your on holiday some where and get to your radio at home with SmartLink set up and your home Router. If you want a BIG screen the Maestro C has a built in Hi res HDMI port on the back.

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

Well, a quick glance at the FlexRadio web site will show you the prices, right?

A “plain” 6400 is about $2300 (plus about $350 for the ATU). The Maestro C is listed at about $1600. The unobtainable 6400M is listed for about $3500 (plus about $350 for the ATU). I think those prices are correct; check for yourself.

Different people will judge differently whether that difference is “prohibitively expensive.”

Tell you what: I’ll happily sell anybody my 6400M (with the ATU) for $3K (CONUS shipping included), as long as they’re willing to do the deal and then wait for a new 6400 and a Maestro C to arrive at my QTH. I’ll order the new gear the day we do the deal, and ship out the 6400M the day the 6400 and Maestro arrive? 😀 Yes, I’m serious.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.