Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Mac

Options

I am trying to use SmartSDR for Mac for the first time. My Flex 6700 is remote and I have been controlling it with Smart SDR V3.6.8. When I start SmartSDR for Mac it finds my account, verifies it, and then gives this message:

Manual TCP port: Passed

Manual UDP port: passed

Automatic TCP port: failed

Automatic UDS port: failed

Hole punch: failed

Can anyone tell me what this message means and how I fix the problem? By the way, I can connect with my iPad.

Your help is appreciated!

Ed K5YZW

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I would open a support ticket.

This happens when:

• Your router does not support uPNP
    • Your internet is on a CGNAT network

I assume you mean that you can connect locally with your iPad. Locally does not use SmartLink at all.

• Ed K5YZW
    Ed K5YZW Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Mike. No, my iPad connects fine anywhere I am. Also, my PC connects through SmartLink on my home network. The only problem I'm having is connecting the connecting with the Mac as I described in my question. I will open a support ticket. Ed K5YZW

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

That is strange then.

my PC connects through SmartLink on my home network.

This is confusing. If the PC and Radio are on your home network, then SmartLink is not used at all. You might want to rephrase that.

They will want to know how you set up SmartLink on the Radio. Was it a manual setup or an automatic setup.

• K4CQE
    K4CQE Member
    Options
    Ed
    The SmartSDR Manual for Mac can be downloaded here
    https://documents.roskosch.de/smartsdr-mac/index.html#document-10_smartlink_setup
    I think this link will take you Attachment section 1 Setting up (Registering) Smartlink
    Then look for paragraph 1.7 Step 7 Testing which describes the screen you are seeing
    It appears you are good to go
    Have a blessed weekend
    Ryland
    K4CQE
  • AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    Options

Ed make sure you have the 'Enable Smartlink' box checked. I can't remember if it is enabled by default.

• Ed K5YZW
    Ed K5YZW Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to all for the comments. I have learned something from each. The one very important step I had missed was pointed out by AA5SH: check the "enable Smartlink" box. That was an easy-to-miss step. I did that and got connected to the radio. I will no doubt have more questions but I am at least now connected to the radio. Thanks to all! Ed K5YZW

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    Options

Glad you got it going. Good luck with the new software. I think you will like it.

Michael