Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MAC Low RF Power - 40m and 15m

Options

Something new today...

• MAC will NOT tune 40m and 15m,
  • Windows WILL tune 40m and 15m

Until today everything was working great.

Software all updated.

Windows SmartSDR, 3.6.8

Mac: 2.9.09 (240401)

Ant. Genius 8x2: 4.1.7

Tuner Genius 3x1: 1.1.20

Power Genius: 3.8.4

Any suggestions? No, I will not stop using MAC SmartSDR.

Thank you,

Birton - N6UG

Comments

• Birton_N6UG
    Birton_N6UG Member ✭✭
    Options

MacBook Pro M2, OS version Sonoma 14.3.1

Windows version, Windows 11

• Birton_N6UG
    Birton_N6UG Member ✭✭
    Options

MacBook Pro Memory: 64gb

MacBook Pro Available Disk Space: 638.68gb

• Birton_N6UG
    Birton_N6UG Member ✭✭
    Options

IOS SmartSDR WILL tune 40 and 15m.

• Birton_N6UG
    Birton_N6UG Member ✭✭
    Options

PTT inhibit is NOT enabled for any band.

Tune power is set to 30watts

• Birton_N6UG
    Birton_N6UG Member ✭✭
    Options

I have removed and reinstall MAC SmartSDR and saw no changes, still will NOT tune on 40 and 15m.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This has nothing to do with it being on a MAC or anything associated with your Mac. They are mutually exclusive as you have found out.

• It would be good to know what exactly happens when you say, it won't tune. What message do you get? Make sure your tune power is at least 20 watts.
    • What is the antenna you are using - tell us more
    • Does it tune into a dummy load?
    • If it is an EFHW, do you have any chokes on the feedline at least 1/4 wave away from the antenna from your lowest operating frequency? This prevents RF from feeding back into the tuner and affecting SWR readings.

• Birton_N6UG
    Birton_N6UG Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike,

Problem solved, performed a client ID reset per Marcus. All good now!

Have I mentioned lately how impressed I am with Marcus software and support?

Must be the best "Radio" software/customer support I've ever seen.

Thank you for the comments,

Birton

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Thanks!

Share that with your friends and on eHam. It really helps us.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.