Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro enhancements in SSDR v3.6.8

Options

Can anyone please tell me if the enhancements for the Maestro in SSDR v3.6.8 also apply to the 6600M front panel? Specifically will v3.6.8 allow simultaneous use of the 6600M front panel in parallel with the SSDR Windows GUI application? What other features related to the Maestro listed in the release notes also apply to the 6600M front panel?

I have no use for multi-flex, but I am considering upgrading from v2.10.1 to v3.6.8 to get the bug fixes sooner and it might be worth the price to get some additional features and bug fixes for the 6600M front panel.

What is to process for upgrading to v3.6.8 from the 6600M front panel. It is listed on my front panel now as a download. Do I need to pay for the upgrade to my radio S/N before downloading?

I don't see a link on the FlexRadio website to pay for the upgrade.

Thanks for your help. 73, Geoff - W8GNM

Best Answer

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you have an M model radio,you can run both the front panel with up to two panadapters and SmartSDR on your pc with two panadapters at the same time.( or one panadapter on the front panel and three panadapters in SmartSDR on the pc at the same time)Only one can use transmit at a time. I have done that many times. SmartSDR has had that feature ever since MultiFlex ( v3.x) was introduced. I have never tried it with a Maestro ( with a non-M model radio ) and a pc running SmartSDR. But, it might work. Worse that could happen is it wouldn't work!

James

WD5GWY

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Geoff, strict parallel operation of two GUI clients (Maestro, front panel or SmartSDR) is not supported in any version.

There is, however, SmartControl that can be set in a Maestro or front panel. It will allow the knobs and buttons to control up to two of the same slices as SmartSDR. This allows you to use the large computer screen and still have knobs and buttons. This option gives you the best of both worlds. The only thing that you don't get with it is a panadapter and waterfall on the Maestro/front panel.

• Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    Options

Len, Thanks for your reply. I wasn't sure if the SmartControl functionality introduced in v3.6.8 for the Maestro also applied to the 6600M front panel since I believe there are differences in the hardware/software between the 6600M front panel and the Maestro.

Can you confirm that SmartControl in v3.6.8 is compatible with the 6600M front panel?

Thanks and 73, Geoff

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Geoff, yes, it is.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

SmartControl was introduced with the start of V3. It is one of the major new features.

• Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, please check your messages from me regarding other features of V3.6.8 that apply to the 6600M front panel. Thanks and 73, Geoff - W8GNM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.