Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to track frequency using CAT from a Mac running SmartSDR for Mac to a PC running NMM?

Options

Might anyone know how to configure SmartSDR for Mac and N1MM running on a PC so that the frequency can pass to the PC running N1MM? Both are on the same network. I don't need the PC to be able to control the frequency, just need it for logging purposes. I do not want to use any emulation on the Mac. Not sure if this is even possible.

Randy - KH6XX

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Randy

Just run SmartSDR CAT on the PC with N1MM and have it connect to the radio.

Next, using SmartSDR CAT, add a Serial Port for N1MM and have N1MM connect to that serial port.

Unlike other radios, the Flex can support multiple connections from multiple different computers at the same time.

That should solve your issue.

Answers

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike,

I am running remote. When running SmartSDR CAT on a PC, does each computer have its own configuration for CAT? Please confirm this is correct. When I operate locally to the radio and load SmartSDR CAT, I can see all the ports that have been configured for N1MM .... they work fine. I am now attempting to use a Mac as a client remotely. Do I understand correctly the SmartSDR CAT settings are stored on the PC and not on the radio itself even though when connecting via SmartLink?

Thanks

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

Yes, SSDR CAT settings are stored on the PC that is running SSDR CAT. To talk to N1MM, SSDR CAT must run on the same PC that N1MM is running on. If you wish to run N1MM on the remote PC, than SSDR CAT would need to run as a SmartLink connected client. SSDR CAT is a client seperate from the SSDR, SSDRios or SSDR Mac clients.

AL, K0VM

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to all.....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.