Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Q5 2M LPDA USB Cable not recognized

Options

My Flex 6700 / SmartSDR no longer recognizes the USB cable for my Q5 2MLPDA. I am on 3.5.9. Has anyone seen this? I actually have two of the FQ5 USB cables and neither one is recognized.

Keith - AC9S

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Do you have any other devices plugged into the USB port? There isn't much power there, so you might need a powered hub.

• AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tried it plugged directly into the rear of the 6700 as well as through a powered hub. No apparent difference.

Keith - AC9S

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Have you tried resetting the radio?

Are you using the cable you received from Q5?

• AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, I had this problem in the past and it went away with a new version of SmartSDR, so I have waited to see if one of the new versions would bring the LPDA back - they have not. A little additional background. All was working well until I had a failure in my 6700 which I sent in for repair. At that time a I purchased a 6600 as a backup. When the 670 into the 6700. Could that have somehow caused the 6700 to not recognize the USB cables?

Thanks - Keith AC9S

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

What I can say is that we haven't touched that code in the radio for a LONG time. This means it is the same code regardless of the version.

So, why did you see what you saw? Good question and the next thing I would try is resetting the radio and see how that works.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mine works fine here with 3.7.4 and all older versions, If you run more than one USB make sure you have the LPDA connected directly to one of the USB ports and a Powered USB HUB connected to the other USB port to connect your other USB devices to the powered HUB.

At least this is how I have always ran mine.

You may want to remove all your USB devices and port settings in the Radio's USB settings then do a HARD RESET on the Radio once the radio resets plug only the LPDA to the USB jack and see if it works BEFORE you reload any profiles or plug in any other USB devices.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.