Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can not activate version 3 license (3.5.9)

Options

I finally decided to update from version 2. Purchased the new version and got emails confirming it. After several hours and multiple attempts including resetting my 6500, it will not activate. Worse yet, the software crashes some of the time after clicking on the renew button to activate it.

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Probably best to submit a Help Desk ticket. We here in the community can't really help in this area....sorry.

• AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep, did that. Was venting and also hoping someone might know an answer. One never knows unless one asks.

Tried from another PC running Windows 11 and not 10 like my other one. Still no success. :-(

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

For the moment, the upgrade is a manual step on our end, and this can cause a slow result on the weekend if engineering misses the email.

In the mean time, if this happens on the weekend, just move back to the version you were running by selecting it from your windows programs. You want to look for this group of programs.

The SmartSDR (previous version) and when it connects to the radio, do a downgrade. It only takes about 3 minutes or less.

Later, try moving back up to the version you bought and see if it goes through.

There is no risk in upgrading and downgrading. We do it all day long without issue.

Thanks for your patience.

• AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep, received an email about it being a manual procedure from Flex. It would have been nice to know ahead of time to purchase but wait to upgrade. I deleted the prior version from my PC and rebooted it to do a clean install so I would need to reinstall it. Hopefully, I will get an email soon telling me my new license is activated. I can only take the dog for so many walks to keep myself busy as it is cold and grey here.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

No need to delete previous versions as each version is actually a totally unique installation and they don't interfere with each other. This is different that pretty much all other software and is done for a reason, and that is to allow the operator to have options.

Assuming you were at V2, you could download the latest V2 and reinstall it.

Glad you got it sorted out.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

The only thing I will add is you might want to delete the desktop icons for older versions or at least rearrange them where you will always start the correct version.

I’ve had a few customers that get out of sync between the front panel (latest version always on top) and version of SmartSDR on PC (needed for installation of DAX and CAT

73 Dave wo2x

• AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited January 10
    Options

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

@AB9UU no content in last message

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.