Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Curious observation using both slices of the 6600 for diversity receive.

Options

This is not a complaint, but a curious observation. I would like to know if someone from Flex can explain what is happening here.

I configured the 6600 to listen to FT8 on 160 meters with two panadapters open and tuned to the same frequency. One slice is connected to my inverted L antenna with the other connected to my BOG antenna. I also have the speakers configured with RX A on the left speaker and RX B on the right. (I know I could achieve the same configuration by simply selecting the Diversity button on RX A but I arrived at this configuration just playing around with things.)

Now listening with the speakers or the headphones the noise is balanced, and the signals are about the same on the left and right audio channels. So far, everything is as I expected.

Now, I dragged waterfall of the top pan adapter left or right (not changing the RX frequency) changing the panadapter to recenter RX A. As I drag the waterfall it sounds like the phase of the two audio channels is changing. I get a similar effect when flipping the phase of my Heil headset from in phase to out of phase, except when dragging the waterfall, the phase changes slowly.

Is the phase really changing between the two channels? I am curious what is really happening here.

Thanks,

Randy

AG4Q

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Support ticket created.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.