Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX and Power saving features

Options
Martin Bérubé
Martin Bérubé Member ✭✭

Hi,

I am running an echolink node that transmits to a simplex frequency using dax and my flex. I have noticed that it stops transmitting incoming communications after a while.

It appears that DAX somehow goes dormant when the power saving features of windows shut my monitor. Transmission will resume after I maximise DAX.

Is this a know issue with DAX? Is there any fix other than turning off power management features?

I beleive I got similar issues with wsjt-x and mmtty in the past.

Thanks,

Tagged:

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Martin

I can share that I leave DAX up and running for days on 6M WSJT and WSPR tests without issue. Does the problem go away if you turn off power management features?

• Martin Bérubé
    Options

Hi Mike

Yes. So far, it does.

73, Martin

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The issue with the power management is that when the monitor shuts down, Windows reassigns the default sound device which can in turn change how all the sound devices are enumerated. Is the monitor the only sound device, other than DAX ? You might try activating an additional non-DAX sound device , use it instead of the monitor as default. Then disable the monitor sound device.

AL, K0VM

• Martin Bérubé
    Options

Will check that out. tnx.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.