Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to make CWX entries stick?

Options
Geoff AB6BT
Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows

I'm not understanding how the entries in the CWX hot key messages are stored.

I've read in the manual that they are stored in Global Profiles but that does not work for me. Previously stored messages remain after I make a change and save the Global Profile.

For example: 10M CW Global Profile F1 message is AB6BT AB6BT (call 2 times). I change it to AB6BT (call one time) and save the profile. Then I select another Global Profile. Then I select the 10M CW Global Profile again and the F1 message reverts to AB6BT AB6BT (call 2 times).

Edit: There are CWX entries for SSB Global Profiles as well(?). I tried deleting CWX entries from all Global Profiles and they still remain. It seems random but...

What am I missing?

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No clues out there???

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Geoff, mine seem to be there regardless of profile, but I don't use them, so I probably wouldn't notice...

I would submit a help desk ticket at this point.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Len, I don't use CWX as a rule, but I was looking at how it worked and I can't figure out the way it stores text entries.

It's not a big deal but it bugs me...

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Geoff

Try this:

• Go to Setup in CWX
    • Type your message in
    • Hit Enter
    • Do the same for any other messages and make sure you hit entire
    • Save your Global profile
    • Shutdown SSDR and restart it.
    • See if the message is there.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike, I'll try that. I tried to delete the entries in all my profiles but they kept reappearing.

I can't make them go away.

I did not try shutting Down SSDR and restarting.

Would I have to restart after each deletion?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You should not have to restart after each deletion unless you have save it in a profile and didn't resave the profile.

You'll need to describe each step to fully see what you are doing. Either you are missing a step or a radio reset might need to be executed.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike. I'll try to test it this evening.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike---I was successful in deleting all the CWX entries. I'm not sure what I did differently this time.

Now I'll try to enter some text in the hot key setup and see if I can asssociate with a particular global profile with out it showing up in the others.

That was part of the mystery; there were CWX entries in SSB profiles and FT8 profiles that I never entered.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.