Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink token expiration

Options
brianbruff
brianbruff Member ✭✭
Hi folks,

I've allowed a few people access to my flex to give them a taste.
I typically change the password when finished.

However tonight I noticed a user was still able to access my radio even though the password has changed.

I can only assume theres a long lived token on their PC that's not being invalidated when password changes occur.

Can anyone advise if this is the case and how I can possible invalidate all existing auth0 sessions to stop this?
Tagged:

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Did you deregister and re-register the radio after password change?

Dave wo2x

• brianbruff
    brianbruff Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi David, no I did not, if it's that is the solution then brill, I can live with that.

Tnx a mill, Brian
  • brianbruff
    brianbruff Member ✭✭
    Options
    deregistered and reregistered also, users still have access on their logged in sessions.

any other suggestions?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited November 2023
    Options

Make sure you are on right SL acct when you deregister and re-register. Reboot radio too.

Open Help Desk ticket if all else fails.

Dave wo2x

• brianbruff
    brianbruff Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options
    tnx Dave

yes right account, no biggie, i can shutdown at router level and allow myself in via vpn and gossip, not a major issue for me

i might open a ticket just to see why when changing passwords all existing sessions are not invalidated.
  • brianbruff
    brianbruff Member ✭✭
    Options

for those who follow:

Opened a support ticket, the current workaround is to have 2x SmartLink accounts.

Register on the second account will invalidate the certificate or whatever token issued.

kr

Brian ei6lf

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.