Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TG, AG suggested coax lenght

Options

What is the suggested coax length between Tuner Genius and Antenna Genius?

Tom

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I don’t know if there is an optimal length or not.

Originally I had the TG XL in the shack and 35 ft lengths of LMR400 to the AG. Now that everything is rack mounted in a server cabinet in my garage, I am using two pieces of LMR400 Ultraflex that are premade and 6 feet each. I am using 3 foot LMR400 betweenPG XL and LP700 couplers, then 3 foot lengths from couplers to TG XL

73 Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

There is no suggested length.

If you were just using 1 band, then, yes, there would be a suggested length.

But, since we use multiple bands, there is no practical answer.

There is no reason that the AG can't be 200' away from the TG.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.