Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro C - anything new?

Options
Butch
Butch Member ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard whether the Maestro version will have any new features or improvements?

Butch, KF4HR

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My understanding is hdmi output, changed display unit, revised battery configuration, changed mic input.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is what was presented at Dayton.

This is all subject to change should something arise in the manufacturing cycle.

You can advance order your Maestro from the same link in the store: https://www.flexradio.com/products/maestro-control-console-flex-6000/

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

”Fall 2023” is about 60 days away. Looking forward to my new Maestro.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Mike - thanks for the update on the Maestro C version. The first slide shows the industry 8" screen size is gone, but on the second slide it indicates the Maestro C will keep the 8" screen. What's up with that? Also will the Display Output be HDMI?

Butch, KF4HR

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

fall lasts until 20th of December so WE may have to wait longer then 60 days and what the final design is going to be so they can have a long term parts availability.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think even more interesting would be what kind of OS and module will be used in the Maestro and M model radios. Lori Hicks stated in a comment on the Flex Radio Facebook page, that the new module would be very different from a tablet module. And that the OS would be different as well.

I wonder if the new system will be something more robust than a tablet. And could an older M model radio be converted to the new display system and controls at a reasonable price. If that is possible, then it would extend the life of older M model radios.

I hope this is possible as it could mean the end of having to send a M model radio in to be reimaged as I, and several others have had to do recently.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Although we said tablet, what was synonymous with the word display. There will be an external computer for all the other operations, not as a tablet as in the past. The same 'display' will be used on the M models. Unfortunately, it will not be able to replace tablets in the current M models. However, we have stockpiled a large number of tablets for future repairs if required.

Our products boast an impressive track record, with only a small fraction of M models requiring returns compared to the vast number of over thousands of radios thriving in the field. As with any technology, there's a natural inclination to share feedback when faced with an issue, but imagine the abundance of positive experiences out there!

• KP4IP
    KP4IP Member ✭✭
    Options

@Mike-VA3MW ,

Does the new Maestro have BT connectivity to use for example with a BT headset instead of hardwired microphone?

73’ Frank - KP4IP

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

I want to assure you that we are actively exploring the incorporation of Bluetooth functionality. However, it's a meticulous process to ensure that it meets stringent security standards and delivers a seamless experience without any latency issues. We're also addressing concerns related to pairing, maintaining audio quality, and other potential complexities. Your understanding and patience during this evaluation phase are truly appreciated. Rest assured, we are committed to delivering a secure and robust solution that enhances your experience. Thank you for your continued support.

• Curt_AC9HO
    Curt_AC9HO Member ✭✭
    Options

I already have a Maestro model B, would it be a worth while upgrade to go to the C?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

The Maestro C has the following improvements:

• Better WiFi antenna
    • External HDMI connector
    • A new battery technology - batteries can be purchased world wide
    • Faster computer internally as we have replaced the tablet with a computer/display

• Manuel Maseda
    Manuel Maseda Member ✭✭
    Options

Today the M models and the Maestro have different resolutions. If they are now going to share the same display what will the resolution be?

Manuel W4SSB

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Michael, when you say it has External HDMI connector, could you please clarify

1. Will it support 4k resolution or only HD?
    2. Will be possible to use any SW to get mouse moved to that screen to click on any signal? If not, it seems like it will be just a waterflow but you will not be able to interact with it, hopefully it not true.

Thanks,

Sergey

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.