Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Single Flex 6600, but having two IP addresses and two MACs

Options

I started having issues with the connectivity of the Flex. It gets disconnected, takes long time to connect, does not switch bands properly - just acting up.

The Flex is set for the static IP, 192.168.40

I discovered in the router that it actually sees two Flex connections at the same time - one is static and another is DHCP. These two connections have different MAC addresses. One of the them is the one I see in the Flex Network settings, but another one I do not know the origin of.

Both connections are active and I can ping both IP addresses

It looks like I am missing something with Flex. What is the second device with another MAC and IP address? I looked through the forum and could not find anything on this subject.

If you know, please share this with me

Thank you

Alex, WK1O

Answers

• WK1O
    WK1O Member ✭✭
    Options

I think I found the answer. The second MAC does not belong to Flex. It is some Intel device. However, somehow it is labeled Flex-6600 in the router. I will be turning everything one at a time to see what it is

Thank you

Alex, WK1O

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

The M version radio's do have 2 IP's and 2 MAC Address's, there is also a 3 port dumb Ethernet switch inside the Radios that tie it all together.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If you are having issues, I would recommend you start over with removing the Static IP addresses unless there is a significant reason you require a static IP address. Using DHCP or DHCP / Reservation should be a very reliable solution.

Based on what you are saying, it doesn't sound like the IP addresses are the root cause of your issue unless there is something else going on on your home network. Are you using a Mesh or Range extenders at all?

Can I recommend you try a link.local test first

1. Turn off your radio.

2. Shut down your computer.

3. Connect a LAN cable from the radio to the computer. Make sure there are no static IP addresses set on the radio.

4. Start up your computer.

5. Turn on your radio.

6. Launch SmartSDR.

7. If the connection is still slow, and you're experiencing the same issues, please open a support ticket.

8. If everything works smoothly as expected, there might be an issue with your network setup that needs further investigation.

These steps should help you diagnose and resolve any issues you may encounter during a link.local test.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.