Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How Reset FlexControl?

Options
Geoff AB6BT
Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Occasionally my FlexControl becomes unresponsive. Restarting the Windows PC resolves the problem. Is there a way to do this without restarting?

I've tried uninstalling and rescanning various HID devices as well as devices listed inder the USB entry in device manager with no success.

Any Ideas?

Answers

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know how to make the control recover with out a reboot, but, this afternoon while trying to work Swains Isl. DX-pedition I realized that my control was unresponsive after running over 700 watts om 15 CW.

A few turns of the control cable through a mix 31 snap-it core cured the problem. Then I found that I shifted the problem to 17 meters, I then did the same thing at the PC end of the cable. Works now on all bands at the KW level..

Maybe you are getting some RF into the control or PC causing one or the other to lockup, fix the lockup and you won't have to reboot.

Just an idea, hope this helps.

Gayle K0FLY

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Gayle,

That's a good idea.

The FlexControl USB cable is the only one that does not have ferrite. For some reason I overlooked it.

I'll give it a try later this afternoon.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I have one PC and 1 MAC where FlexControls are problematic and for some reason they are not found.

There is no reset since it is a very simple RS232 device.

Tim and I spent some time on this and we think that Windows is putting the port to sleep, so you need to carefully look at all the USB power settings in Windows.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike, I'll try that as well. I generally do not have any RFI problems. I'll see what I can find.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.