Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex6400M upgrade to v2.10 failure

Options

Radio operates fine but when I try to upgrade to v2.10 I get the message shown below as soon as the download starts. Download finishes but does not go any further.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Stephan

There is a small problem with the hard drive on the radio. Please run V2.2.2 which will do a cleanup.

Perform the following procedure if you are experiencing issues while attempting to update software on the Maestro or M-model radios. If you have already successfully installed v3.5.8 or v2.10.0, this procedure is not necessary.

1. From the Maestro or M-model front panel, select the radio then select Connect. 
    2. From the Select a Version screen, select v2.2.2.2 from the list then select Update. 
    3. Wait 60 seconds for the cleanup process to run. It is normal to see erratic screen activity during this process. 
    4. After 60 seconds, power off the M-model or Maestro. It is safe to power off the unit regardless of what the screen is displaying. 
    5. Power on the M-model or Maestro. 
    6. Select the radio and update to the latest V2 or V3 software. 

This should solve your issue.

• Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Options

That worked perfectly. Thank you very much.

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, thanks for posting this. I conducted a Google search for the use of 2.2.2 with regard to this problem and could not find anything. You really saved me and others, I am sure, but it seems to me that either I have missed an official announcement somewhere on this or it was not posted with that in mind.

• bryburns
    Options
    Mike,

I just tried the process you outlined above on my 6400M that failed to upgrade from 3.4.23 to any newer version. There are ways using SDR that you can upgrade the radio; however, the front panel won't get upgraded. The front panel cannot be used when only the radio gets an upgrade. When I tried to upgrade using the front panel of the radio, I would immediately get a message that basically said, "try again."

The steps outlined above worked. I first started getting 2.2.2 from the front panel which did work. This version was at the very bottom of the list of updates. After about 1.5 minutes I rebooted the radio. I was then able to download 3.5.8 using the front panel of the radio. After the upgrade process completed, I performed a cold boot. Everything seems to be functional on 3.5.8. I haven't checked everything but profiles seem to load correctly and old memories are available.

It seems to me that the procedure outlined above should be broadcast widely for use by 6400M model and 6600M model radio owners.

Bryan, WA5VAH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.