Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Repair times

Options
AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭

My PGXL failed and I was sent an RMA for a non-warrantee service.. I received a n email saying they got it 5 weeks ago but nothing since.... Is this normal turn around time?? My emails asking for an update have gone unanswered so I am wondering what is happening..

Tnx bc

Answers

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    Options

I recently had a factory-repair performed, also out-of-warranty.

Communication was good in the initial phase, and I knew my gear made it onto the workbench.

Then, nothing. Like you, I waited several weeks, then I inquired. I did not email, but rather I logged-in and added my update-request to the Repair Ticket. I got a prompt reply.

In my case, there was an email-misfire. The Technician seems to have fairly-quickly repaired my gear, even going above-and-beyond. But the status-update, disposition, and arranging return were not sent 😯

In the end, my repair was fully satisfying, but there was turbulence along the way.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Repairs for the next 2 weeks might be a bit slowed down due to staffing issues (vacation). If you don't hear back, it doesn't mean you are lost in the repair list. The guys have been working overtime a ton and need a bit of a break.

Thanks for your patience.

• Jonoears
    Jonoears Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi All. A new UK user with a brand new PGXL and Tuner Genius. On installing, is it normal that their was a previous serial number of a Flex Radio when joining the AMP to your radio in the utility? I was a bit surprised but I guess these are tested by Flex before disptach?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You are saying you started the PGXL application on your PC (Windows) and noticed that in the radio chooser where you assign which radio is associated with the PC, there is a different radio serial number?

If yes, it may have been the test radio they used. I gather you purchased your PGXL from 4O3A directly?

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been dealing with repairs and help for two months now and still no answer

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    Options

I added a request fir update to the help request as others have but after a week with no response, I gave up

• Kevin_1969
    Kevin_1969 Member ✭✭
    Options

5 weeks out and nothing? For us guys that have warranty, that just eats into what could be an out of warranty repair down the road, if an occurrence happens again, because we haven't had the equipment in our possession for so long.

Some days I regret ever investing so much time and money in Flex... Good luck and I hope you have gotten a reply and some resolve on your PGXL.

I'm currently waiting a repair on my PGXL... Coming up on 4 weeks now, and nothing. In the mean time I bought an Acom as a back up, but looks like this will be my main amplifier I like it so well.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    Options

Well I'm two months on this project and no word from Flex... did get the warm fuzzy email from Mike explaining that it would be a week more but that was ten days ago.... with all the close out sales and the lack of service, I wonder if Flex is getting out of the ham radio business

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Flex recently repaired my 6600M quickly, courteously, and with excellent communications. I suspect that because you have a PGXL, they need to deal with 403A to consult, obtain parts, etc.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

We completely understand your frustration and want to assure you that our business is not in any trouble, quite the opposite, in fact. We're thriving and growing.

Regarding the delay in repair services, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. It's been a perfect storm of factors, including an unexpected surge in repair requests, especially during August, coupled with a dedicated staff taking well-deserved vacations that were long overdue.

We truly appreciate your patience during this time, and please know that we are actively working to get back on track. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and we're committed to delivering the high-quality service you expect. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out, and we'll be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for your continued trust and support.

• k0oks
    k0oks Member ✭✭
    Options

I am sure, like any reputable company, Flex will happily extend the warranty of any item by the length of time required for warranty repair.