Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

any one use rea modulation ?

Options

hi

is any one use rea modulation  with the flex 6700 ?

any comment ?

vy 73 elan ea5iwt/dl9fcc

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Elan... you've posted this in the Flea Market.... did you mean Community Topics???

and what is REA Modulation??? Haven't heard of that before.

• ea5iwt
    ea5iwt Member ✭✭
    Options
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Elan, it looks like that is just a modulation monitor for AM. It won't work on SSB. The Flex 6000 series radios won't modulate more than 100 % in AM, so I am not sure what value this monitor really brings. If you wanted to operate with reduced, or no carrier (DSB), then it might help you to see what is going on.

• James Del Principe
    Options

I use an REA modulation monitor every day with my 6500 on AM (antique modulation).

The Flex certainly will modulate in excess of 100 % in the positive direction. It easily goes to 140 % in fact.

It will NOT overmodulate in the negative direction, fortunately. There should be no distortion from excessive negative modulation.

The caution is to NOT overdrive your amplifier if you are using one. I barely use 3 watts carrier (12 Watts PEP) to drive my Mercury III s amp just to be sure. The output peaks at about 1 KW give or take.

The Flex is a GREAT AM rig !!! 73 All, Jim KD1I

• ea5iwt
    ea5iwt Member ✭✭
    Options

hello

thank you kind for the answer btw yes it is only AM no ssb I use to have it many years a go o n flex 5000

was not sure if it will work with the 6000 well interesting btw Jim

Ithere is some nice Group on AM ON 28Mhz are this group still there ?

vy 73 elan ea5iwt/g0uut