Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR Version 3.5.8

Options

I am using Smart SDR version 3.4.24 , what do I need to do to my radio to upgrade if anything ? . Do I need to uninstall version 3.4.24 first the download and install version 3.5.8 ? What is the process to upgrade ?

Thank you

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No need to uninstall anything. Mine is an M model. So not sure about a non-M. Read the documentation that accompanies the software. It should tell you.

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I described my process yesterday in erik carling's thread. you do not need to remove the old stuff.

Before you take down the radio... Open profile manager and export all your profiles. Then do a fresh boot on your computer, check and do all windows updates reboot. Take down the radio itself. I usually remove the power and do that cold boot twice.

Download and install ssdr v 3.5.8 and install on the computer. reboot computer again. You can start SSDR.

Bring up the radio... SSDR should recognize the radio. HIT the UPDATE button on the SSDR panel. the radio will show a different color led... my 6500 is Purple. The thing will come up. shut down the radio take power off the radio for a couple minutes. restart the radio connect. and play radio. Import your profiles if you need to. I'm sure there's a few different orders of operations others do. This had worked for me a bunch. I've installed since 3.1.7 when I got my radio and 3.1.7 was on the box one day before 3.1.8 was released... Things just keep getting better. OH you can't do the upgrade remote, you need to be at the station.

Erika DD

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the information the process was very straight forward. I was concerned about how the firmware gets updated in the process. But after I installed the new version. I was able to see how this works. All is good. My update was successful on both PC's. I guess the Mac version or IOS version is the same.

Thank you.

• Mike_N1EN
    Mike_N1EN Member ✭✭
    Options

I just ran the 3.5.8 installer on two of my Windows machines. One was successful, while the other failed silently, after the "install icons on your desktop" prompt, but before the display of files being installed.

I'm open for suggestions on how to proceed.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Mike, I would submit a help desk ticket.

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    Options

This is more of an FYI to and issue that I am having after upgrading to 3.5.8. I have a 6700 and the 6600M Radios and the 6600M went fine. On the surface the 6700 went fine. All seems to work fine. First of all on the 6700 with a computer, I remove the previous version, unplug and then plug in the DC Power, Download the new software. Power up the 6700 and then Open the SDR Software and select "Upgrade". as I said all went well and the units seems to work fine. My issue is when I go to shutdown the SDR Software and then turn off the 6700. The SDR Software does NOT shut down but seems to stop mid stream. I get two error and somewhat lengthy messages. Selecting the two clears them but the software shutoff process is somewhat "stuck". I get the typical software shutdown window, which I select and the program then shuts down.

As I noted this is an FYI..... I have submitted a Support Ticket along with the two Screen Shots of the Error Messages. Just done last night so Flex has really not have the time to react yet..... Again..... FYI. All worked great prior to the latest Upgrade.

73's - **** N4RWG

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Good that you submitted a ticket. This is something unique, but they will get you sorted out.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Richard I had the same errors (I think). I also submitted a ticket. Tim was on the case immediately. Turned out a cat error involving a comm port. The comm port was present in SmartSDR but not in Windows 10. He had to edit the settings file in CAT. That cured the problem.

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike / Ed,

TNX... I have been contacted by a Ken at Flex and he indicates that is the problem. I have given him my phone number and I am awaiting his call. I have no problem letting a Flex Service Engineer play in "my sandbox".

Thanks again - Richard N4RWG

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    Options

Richard, I too have a 6600M & 6700 I will be updating soon ...

I'm going to wait for the dust to settle & smoke to clear before I make my attempt ...

So please keep any updates coming ...

Thanks,

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

The only glitch I run into with version 3.5.8. Is after I re tuned my antenna for 40 m My ATU would not auto tune. It kept going bypass. Until I clicked on the slice. Weird. On the other laptop computer the Smart SDR worked just fine.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.