Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex upgrade 3.5.8 New CAT error

Options
Mick  W8BE
Mick W8BE Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows

Hi, Just upgraded to 3.5.8. Now I am seeing the CAT error below when I shut down the program. Cat seems to work fine and this only occurs on shut down. This is the first time I have seen this error.

Regards

Here is my system info...

PowerShell 7.3.6

PS C:\Users\w8beu> systeminfo

Host Name:         W8BE

OS Name:          Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

OS Version:        10.0.22631 N/A Build 22631

OS Manufacturer:      Microsoft Corporation

OS Configuration:     Standalone Workstation

OS Build Type:       Multiprocessor Free

Registered Owner:     

Registered Organization:

Product ID:        

Original Install Date:   5/11/22, 1:59:08 PM

System Boot Time:     8/9/23, 7:06:00 AM

System Manufacturer:    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model:       Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

System Type:        x64-based PC

Processor(s):       1 Processor(s) Installed.

[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~3600 Mhz

BIOS Version:       American Megatrends Inc. F10, 6/5/19

Windows Directory:     C:\WINDOWS

System Directory:     C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device:        \Device\HarddiskVolume13

System Locale:       en-us;English (United States)

Input Locale:       en-us;English (United States)

Time Zone:         (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Total Physical Memory:   32,703 MB

Available Physical Memory: 25,728 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size: 37,567 MB

Virtual Memory: Available: 27,040 MB

Virtual Memory: In Use:  10,527 MB

Page File Location(s):   C:\pagefile.sys

Domain:          WORKGROUP

Logon Server:       \\W8BE

Hotfix(s):         9 Hotfix(s) Installed.

[01]: KB5028948

[02]: KB5007297

[03]: KB5012170

[04]: KB5015669

[05]: KB5018863

[06]: KB5023595

[07]: KB5027397

[08]: KB5029359

[09]: KB5029361

Network Card(s):      2 NIC(s) Installed.

[01]: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

Connection Name: Wi-Fi

[02]: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V

Connection Name: Eth0

DHCP Enabled:  Yes

DHCP Server:   192.168.0.1

IP address(es)

[01]: 192.168.0.xx

Hyper-V Requirements:   A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

Comments

• Mick  W8BE
    Mick W8BE Member ✭✭
    Options

I figured out the issue. It seems that 3.5.8 was throwing the error for my PTT on COM3. I did not have the foot switch connected and this is why I was getting a null error. I connected the foot switch and then deleted the com port and now when CAT is working normally. However this has been introduced in 3.5.8. I have never been required to keep a connected usb port connected to the CAT program. I would speculate that the developers missed handling null values in the new code.

• Mick  W8BE
    Mick W8BE Member ✭✭
    Options

I opened a ticket with Flex and they advised this is not a bug as I was using a com port to send cat commands to SmartSDR. The issue of the program throwing an exception error due to a null device in my opinion is valid. If this was normal behavior this should have been occurring before 3.5.8. Exception handling is a normal coding issue that needs to be accounted for by the developers.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I lost about half of my MANY CAT ports from the Upgrade to 3.5.8 so check your SmartCat and make sure all the CAT Ports your Software uses are still there.

I always copy my CAT settings file when I make a change over to a different location so I can easily restore thing when they Break which they have done over the last 10 years a time or two.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.