Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Low output from Heil Proset?

Options

Hi

I have an old Heil Proset with HC4 insert, connected it to a Flex 6600M directly, MIC and Phones plugging straight in to the back of the radio.

It works but I need the mic gain to be about 70 before I can get any decent kind of output, this seems very high?

I have the 20db+ setting turned on in the Phone/CW screen.

Does anyone else who uses the same headset found this?

Thanks

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

On some mic elements that can be considered normal and this is why the MIC adjustments have such a large range.

As long as you drive the MIC level to -5db on normal SSB QSO's you are fine. When done, save that as YOUR HC4 Mic Profile.

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Mike, I was thinking the same that as long as it's not distorted or be overdriven then it should be fine but still questioned it myself.

Like some amps need 5w drive and some 50w but the same outcome is achieved and one is no worse than another.

I will give it a go and get some reports to be sure.

Cheers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.