Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is anyone running an FT5000dx with the TGXL SO2R

Options

I have the tuner running great with my Flex 6700 but cannot seem to figure out how to connect the Yaesu. At the moment I use the PTT IN on the tuner from the PTT jack on the rig and the PTT out on the tuner to switch my Acom 1000 linear. The BAND info is taken from the rig via the BAND DATA din socket to the BAND DATA in RS232 on the tuner. Under these connection I get a LOW TUNING POWER warning simply because the rig is not switching to transmit.

There is a "TX Required" facility on the 5000 which when grounded switches the rig into transmit and outputs a steady cw carrier for tuning but where can I connect this to at tune up only?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

73, Duncan.

Answers

• Duncan G4ZOY
    Duncan G4ZOY Member ✭✭
    Options

Just FYI.

I wired the TX required phono to a simple push to make switch and set Menu 173 to 20w. I can now tune with the TGXL by manually pressing the new switch and the "TUNE" on the TGXL.

Not very chic but effective.

73 Duncan.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Thanks for sharing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.