Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any Issues with New TGXL updates?

Options
w1smc
w1smc Member ✭✭

I hope to be updating the TGXL this weekend with the new utility & firmware using the W11 machine ...

Has anyone with SSDR for MAC had issues after performing these updates to the TGXL? Or will this be a non-issue on the MAC side?

Best Answer

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, I couldn't wait for tomorrow ...

Uninstalled the 1.1.16 version of the TGXL Utility on the W11 machine ...

Installed the 1.1.20 version w/o issue ...

Made the required updates to the Genius Integration tab to enable the PGXL and to bind it to the TGXL ...

Swapped over to the MAC, started SSDR which connected to the TGXL w/o issue and tunes it w/o issue ...

Looking good ...

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Steve,

You do not need to enter PG XL IP in TG XL setup if using only Flex 6000 series radio. This is only needed for OEM radios so they can have a single CAT/CI-V connection to the PG XL then the TG XL would pull frequency info from the amp over the LAN.

Dave wo2x

• w1smc
    w1smc Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the info Dave ....

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Steve:

Is there a way to up the firmware to 1.1.20 if I am ONLY using a Mac computer, with SSDR for Mac.? I no longer have access to a Windows PC, so I cannot download the TGXL utility.

If I did a factory reset on the TGXL, will it pick up from the Internet the latest firmware? I cannot find any specific instructions on the user manual for the TGXL.

My tuner is on 1.1.16 as when it was released I had Windows facility.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received!!

73 Mike G3GWH

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

Hi Mike

Rhe windows installer for TG XL 1.1.20 app contains the firmware and launching the Windows app will initiate the firmware update.

You could install Parallels on the MAC and then Windows 10. There are places where you can get the Win10 license very cheap.

Dave wo2x

• Mike Steventon
    Options

Thank you for your advice, David. I fully understand the integration of the firmware within the Flex Radio TGXL application. I think I am correctly guessing that there is no way that a "pure" MacOS user can install the latest firmware to the TGXL without having to resort to engaging with the Microsoft eco-system. I hope that I am wrong!

I think that I may well leave the 1.1.16 firmware "as-is" because I have no current need for the latest update. I can of course install parallels and load up windows like I used to have, which would make the update easy to install. Something to do in the future, I guess.

Like the old saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!!!!!

73 Mike.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Mike Steventon

At the moment, 4O3A only has PC software as part of their product set. You may consider reaching out to them as they are the manufacturer of the TGXL.

• Mike Steventon
    Options

Thank you, Mike!

I have just this morning raised a ticket with 4O3A, so will see what they say and will report back.

Regards. Mike. G4GWH

• Mike Steventon
    Options

I have a reply from 4O3A as follows:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade the firmware other then the Windows app.

Dragisa 4O9ITT

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think that is clear enough for me!!! I hope that other "exclusive" MacOS users note this as well.

It now means that I will have to get my feet wet with Microsoft if I consider it necessary to update the TGXL.

Ah well, an imperfect world.......

Mike G4GWH

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

Invite a friend with a Windows laptop over for lunch ;-)

Dave wo2x

• Mike Steventon
    Options

All done!!

I took Dave's advice. It cost me lunch and a couple of pints.

I did not really need to update, but it was really bugging me, so I did it!!

No problems encountered, except loads of silly questions from his PC about security etc etc etc. before download. It is times like this that I really appreciate my Apple OS ecosystem. Just unfortunate that I am in the minority, and there is no real likelihood of Flex (or 4O3A) embracing the slick, quick and very user- friendly Mac OS for this kind of utility. I shall continue dreaming of my perfect world........

Cheers and beers. Mike.