Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ASUS Router

Options
KG5PTE
KG5PTE Member ✭✭

Hi I am using an ASUS RT-AX82U router here at my home QTH along with a Arris SB8200 Cable modem with Spectrum as my ISP. Now besides the fact that I am still unable to make smart-link work outside of my LAN over the WAN (I have an open support ticket on this WAN issue) I had another strange thing happen over the night (Sometime between 2300 hrs Yesterday and 0800 Hrs this morning) I had my had my Flex 6400 on all night and my Smart SDR running in the back ground on my Dell G-3 Windows 11 laptop. I left it on all night (Along with my Team Viewer connection on) I walked into the computer/radio room. And saw that the Smart SDR had lost connection to the Flex 6400 (Over the LAN side) Now even if I lost internet from my ISP over the night. My Radio and Laptop where connected via wired connection to my router jack in the back of the router. To me it seems that the router hick upped. Am I save to assume this is what happened ? Through out the day all day I had no issues. Yes the Flex is on DHCP With a Bind-ed IP address and the Laptop on a static IP.

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

.Did any part of your laptop go to sleep? Monitor, network card, etc? Any of those things can cause data interruption.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

As Ted stated, it is possible there was some sort of network dropout and the PC never re-connected.

It does happen.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

No I went into power setting and set the laptop to stay on while on plugged in power. Thanks for asking.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.