Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No audio when recalling a memory

Options
My Flex 6400 works fine but if I recall a memory location, I get audio for less than one second and it stops. The waterfall and S meter are tracking the signal no problem. I have checked all mutes and level controls. Any ideas? Running 3.4.24 Thanks. If I manually enter a frequency everything works great.

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

My bet is that the Squelch is Enabled for the memory channel, and yes, it does work for modes other than FM.

Is that it?

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Does the volume control bring the volume up when that happens? It's possible that when you save to memory and if the volume is set low when you save to memory you are getting the volume setting at the time you saved to memory. James

WD5GWY

• rmarlan
    rmarlan Member ✭✭
    Options
    No thanks. The volume is up when its saved and up when recalled....
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Can you post a screenshot of before (audio working) and after (audio not working ) you select the memory?

It might also help to see what your Memory Channels screen looks like.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@KD0RC

Len I can tell you what's happening here. Everytime I change bands AGC-T goes to zero. You hear audio for a split second and then nothing. I think it's a bug in 3.4.24.

• rmarlan
    rmarlan Member ✭✭
    Options
    @kA9EES

Ed - that is exactly what I am experiencing - I get sound for a split second when using a memory. This happens both with the Mac and Windows version of smartSDR. The developer of the Mac version thought that it is a bug in the firmware of the radio. How can I use the memories - is there a work around?
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@rmarlan

All I have done is try to be aware of it. I should report it as a bug. @Mike-VA3MW Can you help us with this? Has anyone reported it as a bug?

• rmarlan
    rmarlan Member ✭✭
    Options
    @VA3MW - You nailed it! Thanks so much - I did not notice the squelch option. Much appreciated.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is a 'feature' that engineering slipped past us and this happens when some of the commercial code is brought into the amateur version of SmartSDR.

The good news is that you can get squelch on SSB if you recall it from a memory and it is set to where you last had it in FM mode.

The 'bad' news is that fully adjustable, but I am sure that will get fixed in time.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I get the same behavior. I am not using memories. I don't know how to activate the squelch. I am observing the AGCT going to zero.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.