Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

boot up with no freq displayed

Options

Often when my 6400M (ver 3.4.24) boots it displays no frequency and the power is zero. I recall a global profile and all is well and operation is fine. Any ideas why it sometimes boots up that way? Obviously this is not a game changer, just wonder why it sometimes boots up like that and other times it displays all the info properly.

Fred, K0FG

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Fred, it is probably that you didn't have a slice open. Is there a "flag" showing when the radio starts?

A screenshot of SmartSDR when it comes up in the condition you describe would be helpful.

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
    Options

When I boot the 6400M it comes up on the radio, don't know how to take a screenshot of the radio. When I then start ssdr it shows ok.

I shut down the radio, started ssdr then turned on the radio. ssdr came up long before the radio and it was ok but when the radio finally displayed the operating screen it showed no freq and zero power.

Fred, K0FG

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Do a reset on the radio and see if the problem persists. If not, open a support case.

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
    Options

Doing a complete reset of the radio did not help the situation, well it did for 2-3 times and then back to how it was. Don't know that it is worth creating a support issue for it unless you think it might be leading to something more serious.

Fred, K0FG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.