Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro and CW Latency

Options
minorsecond
minorsecond Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Maestro

I just now tried listening in to my CW with another radio and wow, it's all over the place. There are delays and missed dits and dahs and it's largely undecipherable. I should have guessed, since the relay in the 6400 is clicking at random times when it shouldn't.

I've tried playing with the delay some, which helps a little, but there are still issues. Is there anything else that can be adjusted?

I'm testing on the same home network that the 6400 is using, via wifi. Unfortunately, I bought this so that I can use it via wifi in hotel rooms and elsewhere, so I really need it to work via wifi.

My network latency is good, at around 3-5 ms on average, but it seems to spike up to around 40 ms sometimes when keying.

Here's a video listening in from my IC-705. I tried sending "Test de KD5LPB."

https://youtu.be/9v_t8wi4JpM

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Maestro CW sending is generally pretty good at those speeds and your CW sounds ok, but it is hard to compare if we can't hear the monitor sidetone as well which is generated by the Maestro.

What I heard seemed ok, but, it is hard to tell not knowing your fist at all.

I really wish there was a better tool than Ping, but there isn't. It does get better if you use larger packet sizes since ping only sends 28 bytes.

There are some CW issues if the radio has been running for days since rebooting and we are aware of that.

• minorsecond
    Options

In the video, it added an extra dit to the D, and added a pause after the dah in the final B. This is an improvement after increasing the delay to about 1.3 seconds. When the delay was at the default setting, it butchered the transmission.

The Maestro audio sounds fine. The only thing that made me want to check it with another radio is the fact that the relays were going haywire in the 6400. It's just the TX audio that sounds sloppy. And I've checked multiple times - it's not my sending in this case.

• minorsecond
    Options

I just tried downgrading to a 2.x.x version (which didn't work - probably due to my not having a license) and then upgrading back up to the latest 3.x.x version and it seems to be working better. I had to reboot the 6400 and obviously the Maestro in the process so that may have fixed something.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Glad you got it working.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.