Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problems with desktop install of SmartSDR v3.4.24 connecting to 6600M

Options
I recently downloaded the latest version of SmartSDR v3.4.24 on my 6600M and desktop computer. Both installs appeared to go well. My desktop does not recognized my radio and tells me it is not connected. What am I missing? Thank you - Joe WD8LSO

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Reboot the radio and the pc. If SmartSDR ( earlier version) has been working with prior versions, it should work with this one.

James

WD5GWY

• JSW
    JSW Member
    Options
    James - thank you for your suggestion. I rebooted both the radio and computer several times and ended up with the same result - no connection between the two. I then decided to reload SDR on the computer. This time everything worked. The original download must have experienced an error of some type. I appreciate you responding to my post. Hope to hear you and 73s.
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Glad you got it sorted out.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is often a Windows Firewall issue. For some reason, Microsoft blocks the network communication for the particular version of SmartSDR you are installing.

When you re-install it, then Windows seems to update the firewall rules correctly for the SmartSDR application.

• JSW
    JSW Member
    Options
    Thanks Mike. Your explanation makes sense. Just wish Windows would flag the user if this was the case so that we don’t spend unnecessary time searching down other issues. 73s - Joe (WD8LSO)
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

What should happen is that when you install a new version of SmartSDR, Microsoft sees that as a new program installation since you can have multiple copies of SmartSDR installed and they are all unique programs.

I don’t use firewalls on computers at all, just on my routers, but what should happen is you should see a pop up to to ask if you want to allow communications through your firewall.

Often, turning off your FireWall for local LAN connections should resolve this. But, it depends on your security preferences.

Hopefully, that helps to explain it a bit.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.