Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Master 6000 v0.11.0 is now available

Options
K1DBO
K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Under the covers, a lot has changed. On the surface, I'm not expecting folks to notice much except for the addition of support for SmartLink, MSHV, and MMTY, it should all feel familar.

As always, the README can be found at https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000 and the latest zip file at https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases

Please feel free to send comments, questions, complaints, and especially bug reports to the email address shown on the start up screen.

--Don

Comments

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Don

Glad to see your development. It is a great tool and use it 100% of the time.

It makes CAT interface so simple.

Bill

W9JJB

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Thanks Don for all your hard work!

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Thanks Don, I just fired up V0.11.0 and so far, it is working great. I will let you know if I see any issues or anomolies.

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Tried to run 0.11.0 but no go :(

Launch/Sync/Mix tabs are all blank pages.

Says it listen on port 7301 and then reports some errors

Is it still compatible with older versions? It does not see my radio, btw 10.8.a still works.

Did report this to Don via e-mail

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

A big Thanks to Don for a speedy response! (e-mail)

It seems for us CW ops staying at SSDR 2.4.10 the SliceMaster 0.10.8a may be the safest bet. 0.11 relies more on the SSDR API 2.5 so it's either stay or do a "full upgrade".

• Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank You @K1DBO amazing work as always, I really appreciate. So far soo good on this end.

73 de Juan TG9AJR

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had a fatal error during install but it continued on and installed and seems to be running fine talking with HRD. Thanks Don.

• LZ2BE
    LZ2BE Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a problem with 0.11.0 version.

Log4OM is reading frequency via TCP CAT listener of Slice master and WSJT-x. Everything is fine, except I can't move to other frequency on FT8 mode if I click on a Log4OM spot. The radio moves to the spotted frequency for a second and then moves back to WSJT-x frequency. There are no problems on other modes CW, SSB and if I change frequency from WSJT-x.

When I reverted back to 0.10.8a version there is no problem.

73 Boyan LZ2BE

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It's been 2-days since I installed v0.11.0 and it has not lost connection to HRD at all. Prior to the upgrade it would loose connection every few hours, became quite a headache to the point I wasn't using SliceMaster as I would always have to remember to close it down and reopen it before I start logging QSOs.

This is no longer happening, wonderful.

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Boyan,

Please send a support request to the email address shown in Slice Master's start up screen.

The Slice Master README has instructions for including the Slice Master config and log files. Please send them along too.

--Don

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike,

The HRD Listeners changed a lot with this version. Many new functions were added to support Deck Master 6000, my Stream Deck plugin. But, along the way there were quite a few bug fixes. I'm happy to hear it's working well for you. Thanks for the comments.

You mentioned earlier in the thread that you had some trouble with the initial install. Do you have any more details on that?

--Don

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I should have taken a screen shot of the fatal error, but the install continued on with no other problems. I did not have to reinstall, the install completed and has been running since.

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    Options

Windows Defender keeps finding a virus (trojan) and deletes the most current version.

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I'm not sure if I can do much about it (other than pay Microsoft to sign the Slice Master executable). Virus scanners work by checking executables for "signatures" common to malicious programs and often find false positives.

I just checked the current version of Slice Master against Virus Total (https://virustotal.com), an online service for checking programs against dozens of virus scanners. Slice Master usually triggers a few of them. This release has triggered 8 with Symantec being the most well known.

I can take a stab at rearranging the code a bit. Sometimes this helps to get the detection count down... sometimes it makes things worse.

--Don

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry for the extra work sir!

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The end user can add an exception to their virus software for exe files that are known to come from a trusted source. I did not need to here for Slicemaster because Defender does not flag it but, if it had, it is simple to overcome.

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    Options

I was trying to do just that, and could not figure out how to do it.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Windows Settings>Privacy & Security>Windows Security>Virus & Threat Protection Settings - manage settings>scroll to bottom for Exclusions add/remove>Add an Exclusion>select the exe for Slicemaster.

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    Options

Brilliant!

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    Options

All good now! Thank you!

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    Options

I just noticed there was an 11.0c version now. Can't find any notes. What is new in the "c" version?

Mike

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    Options

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike,

I use the trailing letter on the version number to signify a bug fix releases. Normally these are small things most people wont notice except the user who reported the problem.

In this case someone was using a telnet Spot Source to connect to HamAlert but the connection kept dropping (or will that be in the next one?). I've also been working on functionality for Deck Master 6000, my StreamDeck plugin. So if you're using that you might notice some new controls.

It's almost never a bad idea to update to the latest version. For bug fix releases, you'll probably never notice. If I add features that are likely to be of interest to more than just a couple of people I'll post an announcement here to mention it.

--Don

• Mike Agnew
    Mike Agnew Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Don! I appreciate the information.

• Mimram
    Mimram Member, Unconfirmed
    Options
    To Don K1DBO
    I just pick up a used 6700 and I must admit to being a total novice with the FlexRadio.
    I am having problems getting Slice Master to work with Dax. IE: There is nothing in the Launch or Sync screens. I am using the radio at my home QTH with a PC using Windows 11.
    I have checked the firewall settings and enabled both private and public for Slice master to allow it through my network to the radio however Slice Master is showing that I have all 8 slices active but still nothing in the launch window. I am guessing I am doing somthing wrong but cannot figer out what.

All your help would be appreciated.

73 gdx de Mimram g3wgc
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Programs only show up in the launch window if you have them installed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.