Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How long does 3.4.23 update take on 6600?

Options
Paul Carff
Paul Carff Member ✭✭

Been stuck on this screen for a long time - just finished breakfast and it is still there.

Comments

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Options

Still stuck here. How do I properly cycle the 6600?

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Paul... to cycle the radio, just press the power button to shut things down. Then, wait about 30 secs, then you can power it back on. That should get things going again on the update sequence.

If that doesn't work, then you should try a full reset of the radio. From the manual...

"With the radio powered off, press and hold down the power button until the Power LED blinks white, then release the power button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally."

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tried both and neither worked. I am going to try an older version and see what happens.

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Options

So my radio says is is already on 3.4.23

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Options

SmartSDR shows

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Options

I have noticed the radio has a yellow solid led. SOLID YELLOW = GPS in holdover (lost satellites)  Woudl that prevent this?

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Options

OK it is now showing SOLID BLUE = GPS locked 

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Options

Still no joy with SmartSDR

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you download the latest version of SmartSDR from Flex Radio? If you are trying to use an older version it will show the screen that you posted. If you are using the latest version on your pc, then you may have another issue.

James

WD5GWY

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes I am using the current version from SmartSDR - reinstalled it today.

• Paul Carff
    Paul Carff Member ✭✭
    Options

Starting from scratch-

Cold Boot radio. and Fresh install of SmartSDR on my laptop

start update -

Radio has purple light and then flashing green and then solid green.

SmartSDR has the yellow progress bar reach 100%

And is stuck.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Might be Help Desk ticket time.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Paul is working with our support team.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.