Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PreSonus Studio 6 Connection to DAX

MarkDu
MarkDu Member ✭✭

Can anyone help me connect the PreSonus Studio 6 to the Flex DAX??

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi @MarkDu

Generally. you would not connect a Mixer to the DAX streams at all. Those are for digital programs and logger audio.

You would connect it to the Line In and Line Out ports on the back of the radio. You may want to look at the 15 pin connector on the back of the radio as one choice.

The PinOut is described in the radio hardware reference manual.

If you use the Line In on the radio, you will have to make sure that the levels are matched and that might require a PAD to ensure you are close.

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭

Thank you for the reply mike.

I am looking to use it like Audacity. I would like to use it to record my audio from the flex.

Right now I am connecting to DAX to record my audio. I would like to accomplish the same.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

It sounds like you need something like VoiceMeeter Virtual Mixer.

You can then actually record DAX channels on their virtual recorder. I use 'Banana' which is a version of their mixer.

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike I will give that a look..

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭

Mike

That looks to work fine. I would like to try to get the files into Presonus with the Fab Filter Pro Q3 to have the ability to look at the frequency of my voice levels. I'm not sure if this can be done with Banana..

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

Presonus Studio One DAW is a fantastic audio processing platform for both RX and TX. You just have to ARM 2 tracks and route audio to/from Flex Smart SDR. You will need a USB Audio interface with an XLR Dynamic mic plugged in On TX track, place the following VST plugins: Noise Gate, Graphic EQ, Compressor and Limiter. Set the various thresholds, gains and time constants to your liking. You can choose some of the best Pro audio plugins of your choice. You will have amazing Audio. On RX Track, just an EQ, set levels and hit record.

Alternatively buy a Presonus Revalator USB Dynamic Microphone and use the scaled down software package that it comes with. With this microphone, the USB interface (pre-amp, and A/D) and DSP audio processing is actually built into the mic casing. The software is a simpler self contained program that has Noise Gate, EQ, Compressor and Limiter functions all setup for broadcast audio - then you tweak it to your preference. It is truly plug and play. It even has built-in loopback functionality, so if you're on a Mac, the input/output routing of audio to/from Flex SSDR is trivial. It doesn't get any simpler. de Dan WA1QZX.

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭

Thank you for the info. Sounds complex. Maybe try to figure that out in time.

Mark

N1DU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.