Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't get into my Tuner genius

JOHLMAN
JOHLMAN Member ✭✭
Tuner Genius now a brick. It was unresponsive so I tried to recover the Firmware, no help.
When trying to reinstall the firmware I get a message that there are no devices on that IP address.
Any Ideas

Answers

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

By recover do you mean you reset the tuner following the reset procedure?

• JOHLMAN
    JOHLMAN Member ✭✭
    I used the firmware recovery procedure in the instruction manual
    J
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I would submit a help desk ticket.

• JOHLMAN
    JOHLMAN Member ✭✭
    I did submit a help ticket, but closed on Sunday>I know the community stays open.
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Your description, "brick" is not sufficient for anyone to help. Can you be more detailed in what the observations and actions taken are?

Alan. WA9WUD

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Is this the procedure you used:

10 Factory Reset the Tuner Genius XL

The configuration of the Tuner Genius XL can be reset to the "factory defaults" using the following procedure:

 Turn the tuner off using the power switch on the back panel.

 Press and hold the BYPASS/OPERATE front panel button.

 Turn the tuner ON

 Continue holding the BYPASS/OPERATE button until the "Config Reset" message appears on the front

panel.

 Release the BYPASS/OPERATE button.

 Start the Tuner Genius XL Windows Utility and connect to the tuner.

 Set all configuration options as desired and then click SAVE. If you do not click SAVE, the new settings

will not be retained, and you will have to rerun the reset procedure.

• JOHLMAN
    JOHLMAN Member ✭✭
    No I used the recovery procedure on Page 74 section 15.4. it is a little confusing, but did it by the book.
    Regards
    Jerry
  • JOHLMAN
    JOHLMAN Member ✭✭
    Tried the factory reset also earlier. The Tuner would not stay config reset.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2023

Back from Dayton.

First, NEVER use the firmware recovery method without direction from our support team via a HelpDesk ticket. You can wind up like the OP with a large brick.

Follow the firmware recovery steps in the manual

important to have the PC direct to tuner and the RCA shorting plug inserted. Note the section on changing the PC IP info.

Dave De **** WO2X

• JOHLMAN
    JOHLMAN Member ✭✭
    Sorry I fear the damage is done. I did all the procedures in the book for recovering the Firmware. Shorting plug, connected to the PC, changing ip address. Just like it said. But I suspect I have some culpability. Or it would have worked.
    Jerry
  • David Decoons, wo2x

Hi Jerry, try again and make sure any firewall software is disabled on your computer.

if not, you can email support@4o3a.com

They may have additional suggestions.

• JOHLMAN
    JOHLMAN Member ✭✭
    Roger. But the tuner won't let me back in to try again. It will now allow me to update it's firmware. But it won't tune. does not see the band or have any freq sensing. And tells me to unkey.
  • David Decoons, wo2x

Remove the shorting RCA that was required to put it in recovery mode.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.