Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius Problem (Switching TX Antenna)

Options
DL4RCE
DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

Dear Flex Team, I do have a problem with my TGXL.

Following configuration:

Flexradio 6600 (3.4.32)

TGXL (1.1.8) => updated & factory reset (connected to AG)

PGXL (3.7.32)

Antenna Genius (3.1.5)

Rebooted multiple times, used SmartSDR & Utilities with Windows & MacOS. Same problem.

When I have the TGXL in standy, everything is working correctly.

---

Problem:

2 Panadapter with 1 Slice each (Slice A ANT1/ANT1 Slice B ANT2/ANT2) - but also same error when only having 1 PA/Slice.

I do have several antennas for High Bands/ Low Bands, configured in Antenna Genius and Tuner Genius.

RX Normal. When I TX on PA1/SliceA everything is ok, using it from 20-6m.

RX Normal. When I TX on PA2/SliceB (40/80m) the TX SWR is "out of range" and when I come back to RX no RX Antenna seems to be present (baseline noise level). I do have to TX on PA1/SliceA again to get RX back on PA2/SliceB. Interesting thing is, that when changing the TX Antenna on PA2/Slice2 to ANT1 (Slice B ANT2/ANT1), SWR is back to normal and I can identifiy that the correct 40 or 80m antenna is connected by changing the Antenna via Antenna Genius.

The Problem occurred a while ago, seem to be more often 1-2month ago and now does not work at all. I am thinking about a hardware defect in Port chain B.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

TGXL updated to 1.1.17 - thought the 1.1.8 is the latest. Same problem.

Volker

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I opened a support ticket for you.

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

TGXL was repaired on warranty by WiMo in Germany. Took about 2 weeks. Thanks a lot to Ken (NM9P) who helped trouble shooting. Great support from Flexradio. This can be closed now.

Volker

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.