Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT8

Options

Hi all

Very weird things happen with my setup up here.

Using a Flex 6500, on Win10 (latest update made) and SSDR version 2.7.6

What follow is probably a Win10 issue, but let me describe.

The Flex in DIGU mode works fine, the waterfall does show signals. Regarless of which program I use for digi modes, the setup is correct, but there is no decode whatsoever. I think it is related to the sound card. The settings are correct (I am sure) but it is probably an issue that has to do with Win10 assigning the proper sound card to the proper program. And this is where I am lost... After spending hours unsuccessfully trying to solve this, I ask for help !

Thanks + 73

Paul F6EXV

Comments

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    Options

I am trying to uninstall the DAX as explained elsewhere on the site here. I have no access to the cmd at the bottom left of the screen... It shows, but when I click, nothing happens....

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Paul

You say the settings are correct, but it sounds like something is not correct.

Can you post these 4 screen shots so we can review your settings.

• SmartSDR including the control panel on the right - is your Slice assigned to the right DAX audio channel - usually channel 1
    • SmartSDR DAX Audio panel while in receive - we want to make sure we see audio here
    • WSJT - we want to make sure you are seeing audio on the audio meter on display
    • WSJT settings - audio panel.

Lastly, make sure you clock is correct and within 2.5seconds of being perfect. You can go to http://time.is to make sure.

You may also want to upgrade to SmartSDR V2.9.1 is the most current and contains many fixes to DAX that you should have installed.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike... you may not have seen it in another stream, but Paul is having 'hanging issues' with the 2.9.1 install, hence he hasn't upgraded. I've suggested he open up a Help Desk ticket on that issue.

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi all

Mike, the answer is yes to your 4 questions, now that I have solved the Win10 problem through a restauration.

Windows does not keep my settings for sound cards in memory. If I correcrt one issue, another one appears somewhere else...

Not sure if installing SSDR 2.9.1 would solve this, provided I can install it... It looks like it is a Win10 issue more than anything else.

I will try updateing tonight, and see what happens tomorrow morning !

Paul F6EXV

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

We have had a few weird things where windows was the root cause of the solution. I had this happen with some Icom drivers as well.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.