Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Main Power Switch doesn't seem solid or firm

Options

Hello,

After having my PGXL since last November I have turned the amp off a few times the past month using the main power switch in the rear corner off the amp. I notice the power switch is flimsy - not solid for lack of a better word. maybe this is normal - It just doesn't seem solid as I expect it would be. It takes very little pressure to engage it and even less to go back to the other position. In fact I can change the "mode" without hearing or feeling a click. I wanted to see if this might be what others experience before I send a question to the help desk.

Joe

K4JKB

Answers

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭
    Options

I have an older PGXL, and don't normally use the rear switch, as I have a 240VAC relay that I use to turn-ON or OFF power to it. So testing the rear switch just now, I find that it has a noticible click sound and positive, snappy feel when turning OFF. However, turn-ON feels a little spongy and the click sound is softer compared to turn-OFF

• Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Dewey and thanks for checking yours out. I did a terrible job explaining what my switch is doing. Your explanation is perfect and is exactly the way mine is acting. Thus I feel mine is normal.

What 240v switch are you using and how are you switching it?

Thanks

Joe Bales

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭
    Options

I built a switch box that contains a relay with 120VAC input coil and high current relay contacts, that I use to switch the 240VAC to the PGXL. I then use a control panel made up of (4) ADJ PC-100A switch boxes, to control powering ON/OFF all my radio equipment: https://www.amazon.com/ADJ-Products-Power-****-PC-100A/dp/B00KFZ98YO/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2KYT9I02A73U&keywords=adj+pc-100a&qid=1682207870&sprefix=ADJ+PC%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-2

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is a hardware support issue. I opened a ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.