Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR crash when SWLing/No usable audio on Bcast bands

Options

I was doing some shortwave broadcast band listening tonight with the new 6600 and had a SSDR crash after I changed the AGC setting (medium to fast ). The audio briefly stuttered and then the "sorting error" and "unhandled exception". See attached . I was able to reproduce the crash when I switched from AM to SAM . I then went to the medium wave band and NO stations had good audio . With AGC off I had distorted audio with AGC settings of slow, fast, medium I got no audio at all (regardless if the T setting) .

Andy K3UK

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This s not normal for the radio. Is SmartSDR the gui for the radio or something else (Mac, iPad)?

How s the computer connected to the radio (cat 6 cable, WiFi)?

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Connected via CAT 6 cable from radio to router and using desktop PC connected to WifI . I can connect directly and see if that changes anything. I an using SmartSDR with a Windows 10 desktop.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Sorry to hear that

If you can create that 100% of the time, please open a support ticket. They will want to see screen shots of any error messages you receive.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Mike, so far it is 100% of the time. Interesting to note that when it SSDR sends that error, the actual radio reboots . I will eliminate the WiFi connection and connect directly via CAT6 cables before I open any tickets.

Andy K3UK

• Andrew O'Brien
    Options

Progress .

Intriguing that although it happens 100% of the time with my Win 10 desktop connected via Wifi, it does not happen on slower Win10 laptop , connected by Wifi.

Anyway, with my desktop I seem to have solved the issue by reducing AGC-T to zero . I changed AGC-T setting yesterday without success but perhaps I did not go all the way to zero. Broadcast band audio is great now , using a pair of Edifer passive bookshelf speakers .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.