Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using SDC Skimmer on Mac using SmartSDR for Mac

Has anyone been successful in getting SDC Skimmer working on an M2 Mac using SmartSDR for Mac? I have SDC running on the Mac but cannot seem to connect to the Flex 6000.

Thanks, Ron K2RAS

Comments

• Jens DL7AUO
    Jens DL7AUO Member ✭✭

Hi Ron,

Yes, working fine on my end, but having M1 running. What is the issue?

Jens DL7AUO

dl7auo@darc.de

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

i am interested in adding SDC to my mac - flex 6600m setup...

and

realize need to donate to yuri to get flex operational... ( aka register the s/w)

but

not seeing any youtube videos setup for mac...

appreciate if any body can point me in the right direction for mac setup

thanks Paul K3SF

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I use both Windows and MAC workstations as a power user.

Both have issues and when the MAC has one, it is far more frustrating, especially display and network issues.

In the end, I use my MAC for work (email, photos, video, etc) and I do play with SmartSDR for MAC and DogPark SDR.

Yes, the MAC is more plug and play but you are also more at the whim of the developer.

But, when it comes to serious Ham Radio, it is 100% windows. Far more reliable and stable. And, most, if not all ham radio software is written for Windows.

Apple makes some beautiful hardware though.

The only way to come to your own conclusion is to give the other platform a serious try for about a month. Then, make a decision.

My thought only...73

• Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭

I had SmartSDR for Mac running on my new M2 Mac along with WSJT-X, MacloggerDX, JT-Bridge, and Loopback, but after upgrading to Sonoma the WSJT-X program has transmitted with no power. The Flex 6500 provides normal power for tuning. I have tried reinstalling all the software with no improvement.

I don't know whether the OS upgrade was related to the problem or not. Has anyone else had luck running on Sonoma?

Thanks, Ron K2RAS

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Ron

Sonoma changed the security for the Audio CODEC. You may need to update your virtual audio cable application.

I use Loopback, and it had an update that now works with Sonoma.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Jens DL7AUO
    Jens DL7AUO Member ✭✭

I can confirm the statement from Alan

DL7AUO Jens

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

Hi...

well got SDC up and running on mac mini. (m1) ...with flex 6600M

good to have mac based skimmer going vs using VM's here

BUT

my issue is when i run two ssdr clients. One client is he main screen of the 6600m

and

the other is macssdr on a mac min or even a macbook air (m1)

the SDC skm setup asks for radio IP which as best i can tell is the same as the main screen

BUT

i dont know if there is a port difference when using multiflex

and what that port number maybe

i run simultaneous multiple mac's here to share the load

and to do different things with the radio

so base question is ...

Is there different port number used for radio connected as multiflex and what are they??

thanks

Paul K3SF

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

Forgot to add this setup of smartapi for SDC setup

see port number assignment

so it is different for multiflex 4992 vs xxxx ???

where **** is for multiflex setups

i have posted in SDC google group trying to get response

Paul K3SF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.