Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

antenna selection, revisited

k4rgn
k4rgn Member
edited April 2023 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
A topic that has been discussed before, but I raise it in a different context.

I have two antennas on my Flex, one for 6m and the other for HF. When I change bands in WSJT-X, there is no automatic change of antenna of the Flex. I have to remember to change between ANT1 and ANT2 in SmartSDR.

The general workaround for this problem says to use more than one slice or more than one profile in the Flex, each associated with a given antenna. However, I'm not aware of any way for WSJT-X to cause the Flex to select a different slice or profile. This is also true for FLdigi or any other app that's capable of interacting with Flex CAT.

It would be convenient and less risky if the the TX band settings in a given profile included antenna selection.

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Two panadapters, one on HF with the HF antenna selected tied to one instance of WSJT, and another panadapter on 6M with the 6M antenna selected and tied to a separate instance of WSJT.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

When WSJTx changes the radio frequency, it does a Frequency change, not a Band change. This is way the radio is designed to function and some long and detailed conversations over the years.

You might find it better to move to either a 2x8 Antenna Genius or a 1x8 Antenna Genius (depending on the radio). I know it is a bit more investment in your station, but you will like how it functions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.